Chapter 4

(WARNING: swearing and a bit of gore in this chapter!)

The freezing water continued to pour onto Jay's neck as he clamped his mouth with his hand. The more he gazed into his reflection, the more the blood-red pools intensified.

"What the fuck?!" He screamed out loud. Thankfully, the bathroom door was shut tight, the water hit the floor loudly, and everyone was in the dining room. No one could hear his screams, which was a good thing. They would call him a monster or...

Why was he being so calm about this?!

'Because you like it'

Huh? Who the hell was that?

'You like this. A change to yourself. You don't want to be the same old Edward James Walker that you've always been.'

"Who are you? And how do you know my full name? I never told anyone here my full name! Dammit, Cole, don't tell me this is you!"

'You'd be surprised how much I know about you, Edward-'

"DON'T CALL ME EDWARD, JACKASS!"

'... Fine. Jay. I believe that's what you go by...'

Jay remained silent.

'Ah right, that's where I was. Sorry, I get a bit absent-minded when I'm interrupted. Anyway, Jay, I know everything about you. Your full name, your pretty little girlfriend, where you got that scar of yours...'

Jay ran his fingertip along the notch in his eyebrow where his scar rested, panicking.

'I even know what songs your parents sang to you when you couldn't sleep, ooh! Or where you had trouble with wetting the bed when you were seve-'

"How do you know so much about me? Who the hell are you? What are you?! SHOW YOURSELF!"

Jay thrust a bolt of energy at the silence, when suddenly, time stopped. 'Bad idea' came the whisper in his head. Time resumed, and the bolt shot back and hit Jay in the head. Trillions of volts shot through his every vein, his every nerve. His heart pumped faster than anything, his mind suddenly became static.

And then the visions came.

His nightmares.

Maggot-filled corpses, spurting with blood, rising up, oozing with a black substance. They walked on their own.... The walking dead.... Tears came to Jay's eyes as they approached him, flopping the black substance onto his body, the darkness becoming more prominent. The nineteen-year-old screamed as he watched fangs slash a woman's throat, tearing it out piece-by-piece. The boy's screams became louder as the substance surrounding the pile of bodies morphed into bats, flying around him, crowding him. Their screeches filled his ears as he felt himself slowly going insane.

And then there was one last vision.

A flash of red eyes caught his attention.

The pair belonged to a young man, clutching the woman whose throat was ripped out, sucking every last bit of blood from her. The pale moonlight lit up the woman's face, revealing it to be no other than...

Nya.

The man's eyes suddenly snapped up and narrowed. The moon cast a deadly glow on his face. There was something familiar about it...

Jay gasped for air as he felt his whole body go numb.

The man had faint freckles running across his milk-white skin. His hair was almost a pitch-black, but auburn streaks ran through his curly locks. And running across his eye, leaving a slash in his eyebrow, was a scar.

The vampire... that monster that killed Nya....

It was Jay.