Happines

Gusu – Cloud Recesses.

Lan Wangji looked at his elder brother who's silently standing by the cliff, playing Liebing with a sad song. The shade of the tree and the dull sunlight peeking through its leaves added melancholy to the scene. The white sleeves and the hem of the robes of Lan Xichen are gracefully dancing as the wind blew. "Brother." He called as he stopped behind Lan Xichen. He waited until his brother finished the song.

Lan Xichen lowered the xiao, a sad smile on his lips. "Wangji." He said. "You wanted to ask about yesterday."

Lan Wangji nodded. "Mn." He answered. "Young master Jin sent a word to Wei Ying and me a day before yesterday, telling us of what the sect leaders' plan." He explained, then paused. "Uncle never told me anything." He added, referring to Lan Qiren not explaining to him about what the two talked about in Lan Xichen's room when they went back to Cloud Recesses after they left the Koi Tower yesterday. "Brother..." he called and looked at Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen just chuckled. "Wangji." He said as he turned to his younger brother. "Not only you did fall... I also did." He said, a pained smile on his face.

Lan Wangji's eyes went wide, understanding what his brother have said.

"As you fell to young master Wei... I have also fallen in love with young master Jiang." Lan Xichen said. "The Twin Jades of Lans... falling to the Two Heroes of Yunmeng..." he said, a nostalgic smile on his face, remembering their past.

Lan Wangji didn't react, he doesn't know what to say. "But, Jiang Wanyin..." he said, remembered Jiang Cheng rejected Lan Xichen yesterday. He regretted he said that after he saw the pain in Lan Xichen's eyes. He lowered his head, apologetic.

Lam Xichen bitterly smiled. "I know young master Jiang doesn't love young master Wei. I... just realize that." He said. "But... that doesn't mean he can love me, either." He heaved a sigh. After a while, the usual gentle smile is painted on his face. "Thank you, Wangji." He told his younger brother.

Lan Wangji looked at him. Brother... he thought, his face serious. He felt he's being unfair, since only him has a happy ending. But, he can't force Jiang Cheng to fall in love with his (LWJ) brother, either. He blew out air. Wei Ying... he looked at the bright sky, but his wife is even brighter than it. What would you do?

After a while and they heard they were being summoned by Lan Qiren.

Yunmeng – Lotus Pier.

"WHAT?!" Jin Ling said as he stood up from his seat, shocked as he looked at Wei Wuxian. "Is what you said is true?!" he asked.

Wei Wuxian frowned. "You've been mopin more than Jiang Cheng and kept muttering endlessly, "Is there no other way?", making me pissed and so I tell you – " he said, his face serious. " – Jiang Cheng can't marry Zewu-jun since he already has given his word to the other sect leaders to marry their daughter he chosen." He told him again.

"That's - !" Jin Ling said and looked at his sleeping uncle. His eyes filled with pity. "Is there nothing we can do...?" he asked as he lowered his head.

"None." Wei Wuxian answered as he stood up. "It was Jiang Cheng himself the sect leaders made an arrangement with – as the man himself, his achievement like being the sect leader of both sects is just an add-on. And Jiang Cheng, he himself would never turn back on his words." He explained.

Jin Ling sighed in helplessness. "But... my uncle..." he said. "When will he be happy?" he asked as he sobbed on his hands, looking at Jiang Cheng's worn out face.

Wei Wuxian fell silent. "... only Jiang Cheng knows..." he answered, his face serious. He looked outside and saw the snow white clouds drifting in the blue sky. Lan Zhan... he thought. What would you do in this situation...? He thought and lowered his head.

"But..." Jin Ling said, sobbing. His face red from crying. "Will uncle never love back Zewu-jun?" he asked. Wei Wuxian froze and for a moment. Jin Ling didn't see the sadness that passed on Wei Wuxian's eyes. "Doesn't uncle... never feel even a bit towards Zewu-jun...?" he asked and choked back a sob. "Can't he...?" he asked, didn't continue since his eyelids closed – the sleepiness finally kicking him after the two of them watched Jiang Cheng overnight.

Wei Wuxian tucked in Jin Ling on the other bed. "A-Ling..." he said as he wiped the tears off Jin Ling face. "You're still really a kid..." he said as his other hand wiped the tears that fell from the eyes of the person lying on the other bed.

Jiang Cheng... all he could do is bow his head yesterday. It's for them not to see the tears he is also shedding. After all, as one that's also always a tag-along with Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji... who wouldn't notice the blinding person that's also there to accompany his brother? Like a moth attracted to a flame... Jiang Cheng couldn't help but be mesmerized by the brightness of Lan Xichen.

Wei Wuxian's face went serious thinking this. He just wish Jiang Cheng wouldn't burn himself of his love towards Lan Xichen. He closed his eyes, then sighed. He turned when the door opened after three knocks. "Yiling Patriarch. It's time." The YunmengJiang sect's right-hand man said and bowed.

Wei Wuxian looked at the sleeping uncle and nephew. "Mn." He answered as he tied his hair that's like a waterfall of ink on his back. He took Chenqing on the table, then walked towards the door. "Let's go." He told him, then closed the door behind him. "To Guanyin Temple." He said, his voice low and his face cold and serious.

The right-hand man forced not to shudder as he looked at Wei Wuxian. He seemed like his vision doubled and he sees the Yiling Patriach before him. Well, Wei Wuxian IS the Yiling Patriarch. "Yes." He answered and respectfully bowed. Their face is serious as they left the Lotus Pier, followed by the YunmengJiang sect disciples.

Today, Wei Wuxian led the YunmengJiang sect – it was a sight to be seen. The Yiling Patriarch, now is back on his home. However, Wei Wuxian is not the least bit happy. Jiang Cheng... he thought as his grip on Chenqing tightened, the resentful energy leaking from his body. The YunmengJiang sect disciples better know to step back. Wei Wuxian's glowing red eyes narrowed as the Guanyin Temple came into view. "Jin Guangyao..." he muttered through his gritted teeth, the resentful energy becoming stronger because of his unresolved hate from the dead.

The dead... that's now come back alive as a fierce corpse.

(A/N: aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! JGY came back again! Just why?! 😭😭😭)

To be continued.