Chapter One

| Your POV |

"Happy First Day of College, ___!" Your best friend and roomate, Honey Lemon, exclaims to you. You transferred from a local college to SFIT. After a week of living with Honey Lemon, the two of you are best friends. And today is finally your first day of school.

You smile and yawn. "Thank you, Honey."

"I made you a special breakfast!" Honey Lemon says. "But you slept in and now we don't have time. So here's a granola bar. Let's go!"

You laugh. "Okay, okay."

On the way to SFIT, Honey Lemon gives you an overview of the people there. "Go Go is a mechanical engineering student and is my closest friend. She is pretty sporty and pretty quiet. Wasabi is a physics student. He's really a neat freak. He panics a lot, but he's nice and pretty brave. Hiro Hamada is a robotics major and is only fourteen. He is a genius. His older brother, Tadashi, was our best friend. He died in a fire last year." She frowns sadly. "I miss him. It's been a tough year, but we're really happy to have another joining in on our group." She smiles. "Oh! Freddie!"

"Freddie?" You ask.

"Fred is another friend of ours," She explains. "He's not a student. He's the mascot."

"You're friends with the mascot?" You ask.

"Yeah. He's just a big comic book nerd, but he's also really sweet. I'm sure that you'll love him. Well, here is it is. I'll walk you to your lab and show you around campus. You can meet the group after classes. Ready?"

You nod. The rest of your day is a whirlwind. You find your lab, find your equipment, meet your professors, get your textbooks, and find your way around campus. Before you know it, you're leaving your last class. Honey Lemon meets you outside.

"How was it?" She asks cheerfully.

"It was nice," You say.

"Wonderful!" She exclaims. "Come on, let's go meet my friends!"

You follow Honey to the courtyard, where a group of four sit in the grass. Their books and folders are piled around them and they use their jackets as a blanket to sit on.

"Hey, Honey!" A boy with black hair says with a wave.

"Hiya, guys!" Honey Lemon says. "I brought someone that I'd like you to meet." She pulls you in front of her. "Guys, this is my roomate, ___. She just started school today. ___, this is Go Go, Hiro, Wasabi, and-" She pauses before continuing with, "Where's Fred?"

"Right here!" A voice from behind you shouts. You jump. Turning around, you come face to face with a green monster. You gasp. "Whoa. Do not be alarmed. This is just a suit; this is not my real face and body." He pulls off the head of his suit and drops it on the grass. "My name's Fred." He holds out his scale covered hand. You hesitantly shake it.

"___," You say shyly.

Fred smiles. "Cool. What's your major?"

"Um, chemistry," You reply.

Fred and Honey Lemon take a seat in the grass. You follow what they do.

"That's awesome," Hiro says. "SFIT is a great choice for college."

You smile. "Yeah, that's why I picked it."

"Are you going to stay here until graduation or is this just temporary?" Wasabi asks.

"Until graduation, I hope. But you never know." You shrug.

"I'm so happy that you all are friends!" Honey Lemon suddenly exclaims. She grins hugely.

Go Go rolls her eyes. Hiro laughs and says, "Calm down there, Honey. Hey, you guys want to go hang at the cafe?"

"Sure!" Fred says.

"Um," You say as they all stand up. "Am I coming?"

Fred smiles. "Duh. You're one of us now, aren't you?" He holds a hand out to help you. You look around, seeing each of their smiling faces.

You can't help but grin yourself. "Yeah. Guess I am." You take Fred's hand.