"Fitz-no, What are you talking about?" He finally asked after getting nowhere with his thoughts.

"Oh it's- it's just Toby... is still here.." Smii7y stopped for a second and creased his brows while staring blankly at John. "That's not true I just heard him say it."

Toby spoke up. "Hey Smii7y, don't worry man he probably meant it as starting to fall in love with you. He just didn't want you to think he was never going to love you. Maybe it's just taking a while for me to leave or—" he zoned out, still staring at the male. He felt like crying but not from happiness but from hurt. He couldn't explode at him because he doesn't have proof the male doesn't love him besides Toby.

"Oh okay."

John felt his gaze and stuck his tongue out at him like a little kid before looking away again. "Don't get upset babe, maybe the effect takes longer.." Fitz said and tightened his grip on the spirit, also trying his best not to break down after hearing Smii7y say John loves him.

"Yeah thanks um... thanks I gotta go." The younger hung up the phone, his mind blank. It was as if he was in a headspace, his thumb ghosted over the phone.

"Wait—" John marches over to him when he seen him put his phone away. He was about to scold him but seen how the male suddenly seemed gloomy and rushed over to him. "What's wrong baby?"

"Ah~ it's nothing, nothing." Smii7y said monotone and forced a smile despite the pit burrowing in his stomach. He felt like screaming now, his happy demeanor long gone just from a few words.

"It's something babe it's not nothing, did he say something? I'll kill him if I have to." John tried to assure, soft words only stabbing like knives, but Smii7y only shook his head.

John pulled him into him, wrapping his arms around his neck but Smii7y just sat there and the touch felt hot to the younger, as if it was burning him even though it was cold out. A tear slipped but he didn't hug him back, more and more followed and he was crying again. "It's okay, it's okay."

"It's not.." he mumbled and looked up at the snow falling on his cheek and nose. They walked back in silence, John occasionally trying to understand what happened and Smii7y ignoring him.

When they made it to the dorm the younger was the first to hurry up the stairs but John was already hot on his trail trying to keep up. "Something is the matter and you're acting bipolar, what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

John snapped and grabbed his arm, turning him around forcibly. Smii7y scoffed and attempted to pry his arm away from the tight grip but the older wasn't having it and stayed put. "It's nothing, God!"

"Are you on your period or something!?"John asked sincerely and pulled the male closer to him, flushing his body against his. Smii7y looked at him in both confusion and annoyance. "Are you serious?"

"What? It was a joke." The older rolled his eyes and raised a brow. "Ugh!" Smii7y groaned and pulled away, he began speed walking towards his room when successfully getting out of his grip.

"Smii7y!" He called after the younger but got no reaction.

Smii7y finally made it to the dorm and took his key card out, once he unlocked it he entered and closed the door despite John being right behind it. Right now all Smii7y wanted to be was alone and crying in a corner how much his life and love sucks. No matter what it's all lies, he kept thinking. He gathered some of his clothes before thinking about it and sinking down on his bed.

John entered moments later. He stared at the older, never breaking eye contact as they stayed like that for a while. Smii7y looking down at his hands and John focused on his boyfriend. "Do you love me?" Smii7y asked.

The older hesitated and raised a brow at the sudden question. He was utterly confused and didn't know what the younger was thinking, it was about to drive him crazy. One minute they were happy and loving then the next because of some phone call the male was depressed. John began to think he should maybe kill Fitz. "John?" The said boy broke from his thoughts and gulped.

He didn't wanna say the wrong thing so he was gonna say anything the male wanted to hear, all being the truth. "Of course I love you, I don't know much about the word but with you Smii7y. I'm happy."

The younger wanted to tear up again. "Are you sure?" He said brokenly and held his head down as John hurried to his side. "I love you okay."

"John.. no you don't, you don't." The older was taken aback by his sudden words and froze. He knows he does. At least he thinks he does. Or was he saying that so Smii7y would be happy, was it an in the moment thing?

"W-What?"

"Just admit it..." the older kneeled down in front of him to get a better view of his face wondering where the male got that idea from.

"I promise Smii7y~ I love you so much. Why would I just say that, do you belittle me that much?" John held his hands in his and smiled up at him.

Smii7y sighed and made eye contact with the male. They shared a different portrayed stare with John's holding determination with Smii7y's being sadness and confusion. "I'm sorry." He said after a while and sighed. John molded their hands together tighter and stared up at his boyfriend.

"I don't know where you got that idea from." Smii7y contemplated telling John about Toby. He'd have to know one day, know everything. Smii7y was more than ready to tell him now but he feared the older's reactions. Would he curse him out for bringing up his dead lover or break up with him and call him a liar.

So many possibilities were floating around in his head and nearly gave him a headache. "Let's go to sleep, yeah?" Smii7y nodded and watched as John took his shoes off for him and smiled warmly at the fact he was helping him.

The blond haired moved to taking off the younger's jacket then scarf then socks, massaging his feet before doing the same with his garments. He was doing his best to make him feel better.

John pulled the covers back to Smii7y's bed and climbed in, he wore only his boxers and Smii7y wore the same as they cuddled up into each other. "You're beautiful." John commented and Smii7y closed his eyes, smiling and nodding every time the male complimented him. "And amazing, and smart, and hot, and cuddly, and cute, and an intellectual."

Smii7y thought for a minute and wondered if he should tell him. Better late then never, he thought. Hell the male already probably didn't love him, was what Smii7y kept thinking even with John's arms wrapped around his waist and head on his chest. "John.."

"Yeah." The older pulls him a bit closer and Smii7y turned around, his back now on John's stomach and chest. "I gotta um tell you something."

"What is it?" He asked and snuggled his face into his lovers hair breathing in the scent and smiling.

"I-It's about Toby..." Smii7y had told him everything and by the end of it. He wish he hadn't.

-
Lmao

okay I lied there's one more chapter 🗿 , explains everything and ends the book all together. The next chapter is going to be extremely long, I'm sorry            👁👄👁