Chapter 13

A week later, Ginny and I sit in the waiting room, outside the psych ward. He's supposed to be released any minute.

Ginny frowns "You made the bed in the spare room, right?" I nod, before she continues "And took the door off its hinges?"

"And put the knives in the locked cabinet." I sigh, before patting her hand "Anything you can think of, I've done."

I forgave her fairly quickly. After smashing the tracking device, I went home and we screwed like mad people.

We slip into silence and I think of all the possible reasons I had to not get it up for her, then I see Malfoy through a window as he signs himself out.

Damn.

"There he is." I smile, before standing up and stepping towards the door. Ginny joins me as we wait for him to change.

When he steps out in a plain white shirt and a pair of black jeans, he smiles "How do I look? Tell the truth?"

"Like a million bucks!" I smile, giving him a tight hug.

"Bullshit!" he replies, before yawning "Or that's how I feel! Those showers were bloody disgusting. And there was an orderly that had to watch you."

"Bet you're ready to take a nice long bath?" I ask and he nods "Well, you can do it at our place. Ginny and I decided you'll be staying with us, until we're done painting GT's."

He grovels, before scratching his forearm. Ginny takes his hand to investigate the scars where the mark was "Merlin's beard!"

"I know." Draco sighs, before shaking his head "It's in the itchy stage, where it's almost healed, but not quite."

"Is it..." Ginny frowns "Is it reappearing?" she asks, grabbing my attention. I step forward to grab his arm.

"Always does." Draco sighs, before shaking his head "I'm thinking I'll get a sleeve done, once it's back."

I smile at that, before nodding "That would be very nice." I smack his shoulder "Come on, Lily has been asking about Uncle Draco for the past week."

~

Later on that night, Ginny and I lay in bed. As she starts to turn out her light, I sigh "I'm going to check on Draco. See if he needs anything."

She hums, before laying on me "He can wait." I raise an eyebrow to her and she bites her lip "Let's have a few minutes to enjoy ourselves."

I sigh "Gin..." I pull myself out from under her "I'll be right back." She grovels and I smile "Just give me five minutes."

She smirks "Hurry back. I've got a surprise for you." I give a perplexed look "Go on, now."

When I lean against Draco's doorway, I find he sits in bed, shirtless, scratching his forearm. I frown "Stop scratching." He does, before looking to me "How are you doing?" I ask, sitting next to him in bed.

"Good." he nods, before shrugging "Wish I had a door, so I could finally sleep naked." he sighs "It's been awhile."

"That door doesn't have a lock, anyway." I state, before explaining "Ginny was concerned that you would barricade yourself in."

He sighs "Why don't any of your doors have locks? I'm sure you must need a little privacy from time to time."

I give a tired smile "There's absolutely no privacy in this house. If you lock the door, the kids will be banging on it in two seconds, anyway."

He smiles at that, before sighing "Scorpio does that, too. It drives me mad." he nudges me "Where did you get their wands? Scorpio got his at that designer place, where the parts choose you."

I nod "We got them there. After Oliveander's burned down, everyone turned there." I nudge him back "Did you ever get your wand back?"

"No." he states, before shaking his head "For my freedom, I had to surrender my wand to the ministry." I give a sorrowful look, before he shrugs "I can still do simple spells, but that's about it. I always prefered potions to spells."

I nod, before explaining "I don't have a wand anymore, either. It got snapped. That's why I had to take your wand."

We go silent for awhile, before he asks "Did it last long?" I give a confused look and he explains "Bellatrix, she threw a dagger. I know it hit him."

I think for a second, before asking "Dobby?" he gives a short nod. I sigh, before taking his hand in mine "He died peacefully."

Draco lets out a long sigh, before resting his head on the headboard "Good. He deserved a peaceful death." I wait for him to say something else "I was so heinous towards him."

"You're not the same guy." I state and he hums. Silently, I lean into him "He would be proud to see the man you've become."

We sit there for a long moment, until he whispers "How do we always end up here?" I hum and rest my head on his shoulder to look at him. He looks to me and asks "How do we always end up, with me wanting to kiss you?"

I shrug, tiredly, before whispering "How is it always mutual?" hesitantly, I reach up to his stubble and run me thumb over his cheek.

Our lips meet and I melt. It feels like electricity runs through my lips. How I've missed the way it feels.

Instinctively, I stratal him and let him dominate my mouth, as if the past twenty years didn't exist.

And I don't even flinch when he flips us, or when he's grinding on top of me.

But then I remember where I am and, in an instant I stop him "I can't do this!" I hiss and he stops himself "I've got a beautiful woman, downstairs, who wants to sleep with me, and I'm up here, screwing around with someone I'm not even supposed to be with!"

He sighs and slings himself back to where he was "Go to her." he insists and I start to argue "No, seriously, I get it! Go to her!" he looks at me tiredly "She's your wife. I shouldn't have come onto you."