/4/

The week went by quickly, Grayson slipping sticky notes signed with the mysterious "XO" into Ethan's Cheez-Its pocket and Xitlali relentlessly teasing him for being head over heels. But he couldn't help being head over heels. Ethan was just everything he could ever want or need. His feelings had been growing increasingly stronger lately, and it was beginning to hurt more as well.

Today was especially bad.

The longing feeling inside of him was eating away at his heart and building up barriers. It was making him sad, being this sick with love and want - no, need. He needed Ethan. He needed to be able to hold him, kiss him, tell him sweet things. The notes made Ethan fall in love with someone he didn't even know, and it hurt, even though it was technically Grayson. 

Xitlali wasn't at school today either, so he couldn't talk to her like usual. She was sick with the flu at home. 

Grayson's phone lit up with a notification, and he quickly stared down at the screen.

e <3: u good bup? :(

He smiled softly at his brother's concern. Whenever anything was wrong with him, Ethan would always be there to lift him back up. 

gray: Yeah I'm okay 

gray: Actually can we talk in lunch today? xitlali isn't here.

e <3: yeah ofc. ily gray

gray: Ilyt

His stomach bubbled over with happiness each time Ethan said I love you to him, even though he probably meant it as strictly brothers or best friends. Glancing over to the opposite side of the room where Ethan sat, he watched him smiling down at the purple sticky note on his desk. Grayson knew exactly what it said.

Dear Ethan,

I love you so much it makes me sick - in a good way of course. You light up my every day and night. :) <3 

XO

It was so simple, not deep whatsoever, yet Ethan loved it so much. Lately, he'd seemed much more happier, a twinkle in his eyes and a permanent smile sat on his pink lips. It made Grayson feel a little better about himself, knowing that he was the one causing his brother to be so damn happy. 

The period went by so slowly as Grayson awaited lunch. When the bell rang, he darted from his class to the cafeteria, not even bothering to wait for Ethan like usual. He sat at their usual table, the third chair empty since Xitlali wasn't here today. Ethan entered the cafeteria panting slightly, smiling and shaking his head. "You ran away from me, dummy."

Grayson just laughed. "Yeah. Oops."

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Ethan asked, face turning serious. The concern was evident in his eyes. 

"I- uh," Grayson stuttered, thinking of what to say. "Have you ever been crushing on someone so hard, maybe even in love, that it hurts? And you can't do anything about it?"

Smiling sadly, Ethan nodded. With wide eyes, Grayson panicked slightly. Who did Ethan love? Since when did he even have a crush? "Who is it, Gray? Is it Xitlali? Do I needa beat their ass?"

"No, no," giggled the younger twin. "It's no one important. And I'm gay, idiot. I was just thinking about it, is all. Who are you crushing on?"

"Can't say," he replied with a smirk, throwing an arm over Grayson's shoulder. "I think we should drop their asses, though. We have each other, and that's what's important."

"Yeah," mumbled Grayson. We have each other, and that's what's important. If only Ethan knew what he was saying did to him. If only Ethan knew that his plan was counter-active, because that person was him.