XIV

chapter fourteen

TODAY WAS the day that Serenity would be telling David about her past. she wasn't that worried, she didn't think that her life story was that interesting but she still kept it to herself. she's told people who she trusts, like Jade and some friends. she wants to tell David because although she has a doubt that they might be a thing, she still thinks that if there was a chance, he has to trust her and she has to trust him. trust was important to Serenity when it came to relationships. it's a main key to keeping a relationship or to have one.

David would be by her apartment any moment for the first time. she was more nervous about the fact that she's letting a boy that she likes into not only her apartment, but now her life story. she was afraid of how he would treat her from now on. she knows he wouldn't drop her, but most people when they hear the story tend to baby her and act as if Serenity is close to death. she wanted to be treated like a normal person, that's mainly why Jade was probably the closest person to her.

"hey," she said as she opened the door to see David. he hugged her, a good feeling swarming through both of their bodies as they made contact. they let go of each other and David walked towards the couch, Serenity closing the door and locking it.

"nice apartment," he claimed as he rubbed his hand on the fuzzy blanket that laid on the top of the couch. Serenity muttered 'thank you' and sat next to him. "so why'd you want me here?"

she looked at him, and shrugged. "i wanted to tell you about my past, i think that you should know even though there's not much to it." David nodded, agreeing to the idea. "whatever i say, just promise me one thing." David nodded again, "don't treat me any different because most people do and it gets so annoying." she rambled making David laugh, smiling at how cute she is.

"alright, um, i guess my childhood was pretty normal. i lived in Florida, had married parents. i had little money but managed. at age thirteen my parents decided to get a divorce. it wasn't that bad until my dad went to move to Chicago. i didn't see him often, maybe two to three times a year for only a couple of weeks. i was probably fifteen by then, i went to school and everything was fine. by eighteen, my younger sister Angelica was fifteen and in high school. we had a close bond, nothing weird. when i left to live in Chicago for two years to do college, she killed herself. she had a really bad type of depression and i still can't help but blame myself slightly. i mean, i facetimed her once or three times a week and didn't even notice she was actually lonely and sad. i sometimes wish i never moved to Chicago. so i went back to Florida and i just moved here about three months ago, and i'm now just trying to figure out what i'm gonna do with my life."

David looked at the girl with sad eyes, she looked up at him and smiled, trying to show that she was okay. he pulled her towards him and gave her a hug. "it's not your fault, you have to let it go." he whispered into her hair, pulling her closer.

"i know," she whispered back.

-