Chapter Two

"-ridiculous, between Cheerio practice and glee practice, we don't have time for homework-" A crash cut off Santana's angry rant. They all recognized it as someone being shoved into a locker.

Kurt rolled his eyes. "I got this," he said, turning towards the sound and setting a hand on his hip- anyone watching immediately knew he was pissed.

"Hey, Dave?" he called. The jock turned around, stuttering when he saw Kurt.

"Yeah?"

He resisted not rolling his eyes again. The curse of the Cheerio uniform. "First off, my eyes are up here. Second, how about you pick on someone your own size for once? Wait... There's no one in the school."

His first comment made the jock go red with embarrassment, his last one even redder with anger. But of all the people he picked on, it was never Kurt. Everyone knew that.

He just scowled, storming away. Kurt turned back around, scoffing. "I'd like to get through one day without the meathead checking me out," he said, the other three nodding.

"I swear, I'm going to go all Lima Heights if he tries anything," Santana said angrily.

Kurt let out a laugh at that, but before he could say anything, a voice spoke up.

"Thank you."

He turned back around, seeing a rather shy-looking boy he hadn't ever seen before. His hair was gelled back rather extremely, triangular eyebrows almost comical. Nearly his entire outfit was composed of primary colors. He might as well have a neon sign declaring him as gay.

"You're one of the new kids, aren't you? Word of advice, stay out of Dave's way. Also, might want to tone it down a bit, unicorn," Kurt said playfully, tugging slightly at his bowtie to point it out.

The boy's expression immediately shifted, looking angry. He huffed. "What did you just call me?"

Kurt was immediately taken aback by the boy's reaction. Did he miss the tone? Was he not gay, even though he looked like it? "I didn't-"

"You know, I had actually gotten my hopes up that the popular crowd at this school might be decent people. But thanks, you know, for showing me reality."

Kurt watched, stunned, as the boy stormed off down the hall.

"Kurt, ignore him. He's clearly just an asshole," Quinn said, gently wrapping an arm around him. There was a shadow of an emotion in Kurt's eyes that he had been full of when they first met- she didn't want those days back.

"Yeah, he's a stupid horse. You're a strong unicorn," Brittany added.

He shrugged Quinn's arm off of him, pulling his bag up his shoulder. "I should get home, I'm making dinner."

He didn't even look at them, walking straight out the school.