Deal With The Devil (Part 1)

Synopsis: Tony takes Peter on a business trip in an attempt to get a break from the tiring superhero life and do something 'normal' for a change. But it doesn't go at all according to plan, and Tony finds himself faced with a difficult decision: provide dangerous weapons to a man who will use them to hurt people, or let Peter die by refusing to comply?

WARNING: Triggering themes 

❂🕸❂🕸

"Hey kiddo, whatcha up to?" Tony took a large bite out of his BLT as he sauntered into the lab one sunny Saturday afternoon. 

Peter glanced up and smiled before turning his attention back to his web shooters. "Just some touch-ups."

Tony nodded and peered over Peter's shoulder, watching him work for a few minutes, a proud smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. Peter shifted slightly and Tony sensed his discomfort and decided to get to the reason he'd invaded the teen's peace and quiet. "How would you like to come with me on a little business trip?"

Peter's head shot up, his web shooters suddenly forgotten. "Really?"

"Yeah, why not?" The billionaire replied replied with a little shrug, taking another bite of his sandwich. "It's not, like, superhero related," he said around the mouthful, "but I thought you might want to do something different for a change. I mean, I totally understand if you don't, it's not anything really important–"

"Yes!" He blushed as he realized how quickly he'd spoken. "I– I mean... that sounds kinda cool." Peter tried to hide how truly excited he was at the prospect, but he was doing a poor job of it. Tony smiled at the kid's enthusiasm, having already known how he would respond. As freaking awesome as it was to be Spider-Man, it was nice to do 'normal' things occasionally, and not have to worry about saving the world. "So, when do we go?"

Tony looked at his watch and pursed his lips. "Can you be ready in twenty minutes? You're gonna need an overnight bag. And possibly your passport."

"I thought you said it was a little business trip."

"'Little' is a relative term. But if that's not gonna work for you, I can go on my own–"

"No! No, I'll get my stuff." Peter jumped up and ran out of the lab, excitement bouncing in his step.

"Meet me in the lobby," Tony called after him, knowing that if he didn't hear him FRIDAY would relay the message. He smiled and stuffed the rest of the sandwich into his mouth. 

❂🕸❂🕸

"So, where exactly are we going," Peter asked, taking his seat in the private plane. He reached up and turned off the overhead AC. Since becoming Spider-Man, even the littlest bit of cold bothered him. 

"There's a man in England who's interested in some of my tech. Of course, I could've done a phone or video conference with him, but sometimes it's better to talk to people face to face," Tony replied. Peter nodded in understanding and waited for him to continue, but it seemed that was the only information he was going to get, so he shrugged, trying to pretend that flying to England wasn't that big of a deal.

"That's cool, I guess." Inside he was shrieking with excitement. Going overseas on a business trip like an actual intern with Tony Stark?! Ned would be so jealous! Peter couldn't wait to tell him all about it when he got back. He hid his smile behind his hand and gazed out the window at the ground that was rapidly falling away from them.