V

chapter five

DAVID WAS in deep guilt as he looked over at the girl who was biting on the rubber phone case that protected her phone, a habit she most likely picked up when she was focused on something else. she was intrigued with what was on the rather large television, her eyelids slowly getting closer together as time progressed.

he remembered what had just went down just a few hours ago, looking away as a pain in his chest was felt. he wasn't sad, just in pure guilt.

flashback- two hours ago:
David looked at the pretty girl who sat with her friend at a booth. she looked rather bored, her index finger tracing the outline of the rim to the glass cup. she looked up to her friend who told her something then nodded as the other girl got up and went towards the dance floor. she sighed and placed her face into her palm. "ooouuu, whatcha lookin' at David?" the boy snapped out of his trance and looked towards where the voice came from. it was his friend Ilya.

"nothing, the floors are very slippery." he tried changing the topic as he looked at the shiny floor boards.

"nope, not today. who were you looking at?" his other friend Jeff said as he looked where the boys eyes were. it was a girl, Jeff was actually shocked that David might've been even the slightest into her. it wasn't really his 'type'. Jeff even couldn't deny the fact that she was very attractive.

"damn, now i know and i understand why." Jeff checked her out making David groan. "actually, you know what? i wanna make a bet with you." David looked at Jeff for a while, not quite understanding what's going on. "i bet you can't get in her pants by the end of the month... and it's March first. so you have a whole month to try and have sex with that lady right there."

David just smirked, not quite realizing what he's getting himself into. "easy, but what do i get if i win?"

"one thousand bucks from each of us at this table." not that a couple thousand bucks would really bump up David's bank account, but David took it more as a cocky way. he supposedly knew he could get into her pants.

"alright, and if i lose, which won't happen, then i'll pay you five thousand." Jeff replied with 'deal' and they shook hands.

but boy did this kid know what he was getting into.

-