Love, Me

A/N: Another songfic written during the country music hang-up phase of my pre-teen years. What? Anyway, the song is Love, Me by Collin Raye.

This one jumps POVs. To avoid confusion, lyrics are bold while POVs are bold, italicized, and in this format:

Person
Date
Place

---

Love, Me

August 14, 2047
St. Ignatius Basilica

Xavier stepped up to the podium silently. He nodded to Xhylea, his twin sister, who took her place at the piano. He took a deep breath as he faced the crowd. The church was packed full of people from all walks of life. Purebloods and muggleborns alike came to pay their last respects to his grandparents- the war hero and the fallen angel.

"I wanted to thank you all for being here today, no matter what the real reason may be. I know most of you have already heard of my grandparents' stories. They were survivors of the war after all; their tales recorded in our history books forever. But only few people know of the truth behind the words. I am fortunate enough to be one of them. I would like to a portion of that truth with you today. My grandmother would have liked it, no matter how my grandfather would sulk about and refuse."

A nervous chuckle reverberated from the congregation. He smirked, one worthy of only a true Malfoy, as he stepped down. A servant handed him his guitar while another one set up the microphone. He ran his fingers across the strings, letting the momentum flow through him.

Here goes nothing. This is for both of you.

I read a note my Grandma wrote back in 1923
Grandpa kept it in his coat, and he showed it once to me

---

Xavier
December 27, 2043
Malfoy Manor

"What you reading there, son?" I heard someone ask over my shoulder. I turned to see my grandfather peering at the book I was flipping through.

"Hogwarts, A History: The Revised Edition. Professor Binns still sticks to the old version. Not that anyone cares to listen anyway," I shrugged, turning back to my book. "We get enough of the stories from our grandparents."

"Ah, I see," He looked at me pointedly. "We are what you children consider history now, yes?"

I looked away, trying to hide my embarrassment, as he chuckled heartily.

"You do realize, son, that there is more to our history that my generation's adventures? There are still those events older than me or my own grandfather that shaped our world."

"But the rest of them are simply boring," I countered. "It only starts to get interesting when Dumbledore comes into the picture."

"Professor Dumbledore, Xavier. And yes, I do believe the same thing," he smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "May I borrow that thing for a while. There is something I wanted to check."

I handed him the book, curious as to what suddenly made him interested in it. He flipped it over, opening it at the more recent historical events. His eyes skimmed over the pages, turning two or three at a time. I watched the various emotions flick through his face- anger, amusement, sadness- until he finally found the page he seemed to be looking for.

"Here," he handed me back the book with a blank look on his face. "Read this first and then tell me what you think."

Hermione Jean Granger graduated on June 18, 1999 with top honors after returning to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for her 7th year. She was also awarded by the Ministry of Magic for achieving Outstanding for all subjects n her NEWTS, the highest Britain has seen since Albus Dumbledore. But it was also on that same day that she disappeared without a trace. The main culprit? Draco Malfoy, son of known Death Eater Lucius Malfoy, who was coincidentally reported missing the day after.