Maybe

A/N: This is sort of a sequel to You'll Be Safe Here. It's mostly Ron's POV but it's still Dramione. The song's entitled Maybe by King.

Again, lyrics are BOLD and thoughts/flashbacks are italicized.

---

Maybe

He slipped through the side entrance of the church, trying his best not to call attention to himself. He was formally invited of course; he was one of her best friends after all. But he kept putting off the decision to come until that morning- on the very day of her wedding.

He stood behind one of the pillars, waiting for the entourage to begin their procession. The double doors opened to reveal Blaise Zabini in a tuxedo with a white rose tucked in his breast pocket. Not too far behind was the groom himself, Draco Malfoy, with that infamous smirk plastered on his face. He was dressed in a handsome black tuxedo that was obviously tailored to fit him exactly. A rose, red this time, rested in his breast pocket as well. He watched the rest of the entourage pass by- Parkinson with Nott, Neville with a pretty blond, Daphne Greengrass with Goyle, Harry with Luna and finally Ginny, the Maid of Honor.

A soft music coming from the piano filled the air. The crowd turned to the double doors as the bride made her entrance. His breath hitched as the double doors opened once more. There she was, Hermione Granger, looking as beautiful as ever. Her gaze hardly wavered from the man waiting for her at the altar as she and her father made their way down the aisle.

There I was waiting for a chance

Hoping that you'll understand

The things I wanna say

There was a stern look on Adam Granger's face as he placed Hermione's hand on Draco's open palm. He saw him whisper a few words to Draco, and him nodding solemnly in response. A pat on the back later, Hermione's father sat down. They faced the minister who started to address the congregation.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Draco Lucius Malfoy and Hermione Jean Granger in matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore - is not by any - to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly - but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

He held his breath.

***Flashback***

"Talk to her, mate. Just say apologize and get it over with."

"I can't Harry. After what I've done to her, I doubt she'll be forgiving."

"You don't know that if you don't try," he threw his hands up in frustration.

I simply hung my head in shame. It was an accident, I knew that, but it didn't dispel the heavy weight pressing on my chest every time I remember. I pushed her down a staircase for Merlin's sake! Who in their right mind would forgive me for that? I pushed the woman I loved down a bloody set of stairs! I felt sick to the stomach.

"Ron," I felt Harry nudging my shoulder.

"Ron, get your act together. She's here. Ron!" he hissed, poking me harder. I blinked back the tears that threatened to fall. I faced her, mentally preparing myself for the inevitable.

"Hermione," My voice was nearly cracking. "I'm sorry. I can't even begin to say how sorry I truly am. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I shouldn't have pu-pushed you."