"Work dat shit out at home, we don't need to know." He told him, shaking his head August turned back around and put the car back in drive.

The was filled with awkward silence.

He knew that them thinking Pedro could have informed Valentina about things was just an excuse because Sky had been wanting a reason to put her hands on Valentina for some time now.

Them catching Pedro was just the icing on top the cake for her to do what she's been wanting to do.

AUGUST
2 that afternoon

"Still not talking to Sky?" Nell asked August once he walked into Nate Jr's man cave.

"Nope, she be aight. She don't think shit through all da time." He stressed as he slapped hands with Nate.

"She's a hot head Aug, being in dis type of business will change some people. If she felt like Valentina may have been in cahoots wit bitch bwoy somehow den jus trust her on her intention of things." Nate told him as he handed Nell the box with his weed inside.

"Nah she's been wanting to get at da broad, she was trying to run down on her just a few days ago. Sky got you fooled not me." August replied as he leaned into the cushion.

"You mad at her for potentially beating da brakes off of a possible threat, but we just sat up in a warehouse and killed four niggas who gave us no information?"

"Ain't da point." August said and Nell chuckled.

"Stubborn as hell bruh, for all we know shorty prolly won't try shit now dat she got dat ass whooping." Nate spoke.

"Nah dat would give her and even more reason to try some shit as a get back."

"Paranoia, number one downfall of dis lifestyle. Believing everyone who dislikes you, wants to kill you. Yo ass just paranoid." He told him and August chuckled.

"Never paranoid, stop being dat a long time ago woe." August replied.

"Long as you believe dat." Nate said as he cut the tv on.

Nell was just sitting there breaking the weed down and nodding the whole time.

"What we doing about Pedro ass?" Nell asked as he rolled the blunt.

"Use his ass as a pawn until we can figure out who da hell ordered dat kidnapping." August replied as he look at the tv.

"Only problem we gotta nip in da bud is da opps."

"I took care of dat eight dis morning." Nate assured. "What you mean?" They both asked.

"I talked to da chief, of course I had to do some digging into his past first in order for him to sign a contract stating dat they were to turn a blind eye to anything involving us as long as he received a lil monthly payment of eight grand." He informed, August and Nell shared a look then nodded impressed.

"Sound like da shit we used to do out in Nola." Nell spoke and he and August shared a laugh.

"Gotta leave a mark everywhere we go." August stated and Nate chuckled.

"Legally they didn't have a right to lock Sky dem up without proper probable cause and evidence." Nate informed.

"Most newbies don't give a damn about dat though, all they need is a reason or hear say." August reminded.

"Yeah, dat is true." Nate replied.

"Where you learn dis from? Because our asses had to buy some law books and take a few online courses just so we could work our way around dem muhfuckers." Nell asked and Nate laughed.