CHAPTER 2- and so it began

CHAPTER 2

we lounge around the airport looking at duty free and grabbing bites to eat before it's finally time to depart on our 23 hour flight. i dread it but i know it will hopefully be so worth it in the end, cleo innocently holds my hand as we embark on to the plane and insists she wants the window seat, i laugh and let her have it. my mum and dad hurry us both and offer us sweets to have as it goes, i our my headphones in and blast "flower boy" the album by tyler the creator. we take off and i take my final glimpse of the uk and softly smile before we disappear into a cloud. a sense of new beginnings overwhelms my body and i smile to myself.

4 hours into the flight, 3 episodes of keeping up with the kardashian's and a whole bag of reeses pieces later the plane lights dum allowing me to get some shut eye, i update my snapchat story with the OVER PRICED  plane wifi and finally close my eyes and drift off.

"leyla?..." my mums soothing voice wakes me. time for food. i eat. sleep again and before i know it..sydney, australia. hello.

the next few hours are a blur of jet lag and sorting out our furniture.
i stumble into our new house and claim my room. i dump my belongings on the bed which is thankfully already made up for me.
"hey um mum is it okay if i go have a look around the neighbourhood?" i ask, she smiles gladly and tells me to be careful and keep my phone on. i do love her hahah.

i freshen up before going and as i step out into the january heat of sydney i take a sigh of relief.
"home" i whisper to myself.
i put my headphones in and yet again listen to tyler the creator, he's a work of art.
i get too into the music and before i know it my eyes are closed and i'm prancing down the sunny streets.
THUMP
oh. shit.
i've bumped into someone..i yank my headphones out and pick myself up of the floor only to realise it's a boy, a cute boy. his eyes shoot right through me.. SNAP OUT OF IT LEYLA i tell myself.
"oh- my i'm so so s- sorry"
"haha it's fine" he replies in a sweet british- cross aussie accent. i'm intrigued..
he stares blankly at me expecting me to say something but i'm so lost in how fucking gorgeous this boy is i forget all sense of surroundings.
"your british?.." he asked me confused
"yeah haha just moved today, i mean.. yesterday actually i don't know it's a long flight i guess"
"trust me i know" he laughed.
"i hear british in you?" i ask hoping he doesn't think i'm crazy..
"yeah i have family there"
a long silence surrounded us.
"hot" i say.
oh shit what if he thinks i'm calling him hot? oh no. well i mean he is HOT but i didn't mean it like that. my mind is fuzzed. do i say something to let him know i'm on about the weather. THEN HE WONT THINK I FIND HIM ATTRACTIVE.
i stay silent.
"you too" he smirks
"oh i- "
before i could finish my sentence he laughs at how cliche this whole situation is, i agree with him.
before i know it we're walking, no idea where to but we're going, his dirty blonde, middle parted hair and his green eyes make me feel something.
leyla stop it. he might have a gf. i've know him 10 minutes i need to stop getting so ahead of myself.
i explain to him why we moved and how i'm happy i'm homeschooled.
"what? no way me too" he exclaims in a happy tone.
"why are you homeschooled?" he asked me
"not too sure just works better for me over here i guess, especially with how hot it gets"
i ask him the same question and he shrugged it off. confusing right?
we find ourselves at the grocery store and i'm in awe at all these new foods.
"my names ruel by the way i never got to tell you in the 20 minutes we've known eachother" he made a nervous laugh.
"Leyla" i reply. "nice to meet you ruel"
joy filled his eyes and he warmly smiled at me.

we talk about me the whole way back to our neighbourhood.
"hey you don't really talk about yourself much?" i state whilst trying to hint to him.
"well you know i'm not all that interesting" he then switches the conversation topic.
that only makes me more interested...
he makes a turn to the house over the road from mine
"you live so close to me that's my house" i point over to the overloaded truck filled with moving goods.
"maybe i can have your number or snapchat" he nervously asks me.
"sure i reply" with a smile, he hands me his phone and i put both in.

"i guess i'll see you around?" he asked nervously.
"sure" i give him a one word answer but a smile followed it. i run over back home and finish up helping my family with the house but all i can think about is ruel. why is he so secretive? and so...tall? i feel myself get sidetracked when my phone buzzes.

RUEL POV:
wow she's so gorgeous. blue eyes with dark hair. and someone who doesn't know what i do...my music i try to keep secret but it's difficult when everyone in the neighbourhood knows and you have 300k followers on instagram AND your going on an australian tour soon. i smile to myself, i hope she doesn't find out soon, or i would love to tell her myself.
everyone recently has been seeing me for "ruel the singer" not just for me.
i open snapchat and struggle with what to say.
i send a photo of my burnt face:

LEYLAS POV:
he's cute. i cant get feelings this quick?
i reply with a photo asking if he wants to go grab something quick from the shop as we don't have anything in the house yet.
he agrees.
suddenly i realise...i recognised the name ruel.
i search him on instagram,
oh    my   god.
that's why he was so secretive. this is so surreal.