This would continue for a decade.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Silver was walking towards the throne room of his father after being summoned.

Though the invading Nations had been continuously repulsed for the last decade and morale was high throughout the settlements, in the royal family, the mood was grim.

Though his strength and skill had not diminished, the royal family could see the tell-tale signs of Noah's advancing age. Slowing reaction, the decreased stamina, the great weariness that he revealed only in private and the general decline in his health; and there was the fact that lately, Silver had been the ones to lead the Gaird into battle, not Noah.

No one would say it, but everyone knew the truth.

King Noah was dying.

He had already been old when he had adopted Silver, but because of his presence and his undiminished prower, none had really noticed it until recently.

Not even Noah could defeat Father Time.

Now that Silver, Noah's trusted son had been summoned to meet in private, many feared the worst.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Silver found King Noah sitting on his Golden Throne.

The view was spectacular; the starry sky of Primordia stretched out to the horizon, with numerous settlements and smaller landmasses dotting it. The Eternal Night loomed above.

Silver took up position on the side of Noah, respectfully remaining silent, waiting to be addressed.

The King said nothing for a long moment, silently gazing at the view. Finally he sighed.

"Truly, Primordia is vast," he said. "In all my life, I've travelled to countless Nations, seen much of Primordia...yet, I feel that I've only seen a tiny bit of what Primordia has to offer."

Torwald leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Yet, from what little I've seen, we're all the same people. We all live beneath the same Eternal Night. We are all blessed by it. So why? Why do we insist on inflicting such misery upon each other? Why do the men of the other states, who should be the protectors of our people, care only for profiting from their suffering? Why do they care only about exploiting the very people they should protect?"

Silver listened, captivated by the passion they heard in Noah's voice. They could feel his love for Primordia and her people.

"I'm old; I can feel my time approaching..."

"No, Father," said Silver softly.

"Please don't joke about such things, Master Father" said Silver with a sad smile. "We would all be lost without you."

Noah chuckled, which ended in a series of harsh coughs. "No, you wouldn't. Tempest Prime will be fine when I'm gone. I have lived long and seen much; I am certain of this. I am certain because of you."

"Father..."

"This will be my final command to you, son" said Noah, turning to face them at last. Every single year of his life seemed to be etched on his face, but his eyes blazed with determination.

"When I die, you shall lead the Primodains, Silver"

Silver stared at Noah silently for a long moment. At last, Silver knelt before the King. Even kneeling, he was still taller than the sitting Noah.

"Father, I fear my shoulders are not broad enough to bear this burden..."

"There is no one more worthy, my son" said Noah firmly. "I have spoken to my council, and they have all agreed."

Silver coughed again before smiling. "Besides, you won't be alone. You have the Guard. Alone, both of you are great, but together...ah...the possibilities are beyond my imagination."

"Father..."

"It is decided then," said Noah in a voice that would brook no argument.

Noah turned to gaze at the view. Silver both wanted to speak but it was clear that Noah could not and would not be dissuaded. The King smiled a little as he took in the view.

"Do you know what I dream when I sleep...no, even in my waking hours?" said Noah softly. "I dream of our people, free from fear, strong and proud and supporting each other. I dream of the eyries at peace with each other, working together for the betterment of all. I dream of us, the Guard, fulfilling our sacred duties as guardians to our people, not the glorified mercenaries we have become. I dream of us sacrificing our lives for the sake of our people, not for greed."

Noah stood, the movement clearly paining him, but he stood proud and tall, looking up at the Eternal Night glistening above. A ray of moonlight, shone on Noah, haloing him in grey light.

"I dream of us all, united beneath the Night. Can you imagine it? Can you imagine such a thing?"

Noah sat back down wearily. He raised a trembling fist to the sky, as though trying to grasp it. He smiled wearily to himself.

"If I just had twenty more years...I might have been able to grasp that dream."

Behind him, Silver had lowered his head, weeping silently as he listened to his fathers words.

He swore to himself, to his father, to Primordia that he would see his father's dream come true. It would be his dream and the dream for all Primordia

-----------------------------------------------------------

Noah the King died a week later. He had died on the platform overlooking his favourite view from the peak of his palace

Silver had succeded the him as the King of Tempest Prime. His elevation had been met with great approval amidst the mourning.

Silver's First act had been to marshal the guard and declare the beginning of the War.

The war to unify all of Primordia.