Prologue

If there was one thing Maia knew about Stiles, even after just a few days, it was that he was a hyperactive spaz who liked to know EVERYTHING. Anything that piqued his interest? He had to know more about it. It was probably one of the driving factors that made Maia like him so much, yet so weary of him. Being a witch, an actual witch, wasn't exactly something you revealed to a human. Or at least not to someone uninvolved in the supernatural community. Hell, despite the witch trials being a long time ago, there was still a stigma against witches, with powers or not.
And what happens after just a few weeks of being friends and being able to access each other's windows? She finds him in her room, reading something he shouldn't be. With Scott.

Maia froze in the doorway of her room, the cold chill of fear coating her skin. "Stiles, Scott..." The two boys froze at the sound of her voice and snapped their heads to look up at her, eyes wide. A familiar leather journal was in Stiles lap, though both boys had been looking inside its pages. "Why are you reading one of my Grimoires?"
"It looked interesting?" Scott offered with a nervous smile.
Stiles spoke up quickly after that. "Wait, this is your's?! Like, you made it and everything?!" The spaz looked excited at the fact. Maia shifted uncomfortably. So far, they didn't seem to be taking it badly. "I didn't make the book or pages, but I wrote, typed, and drew everything inside."
Both boys had a shocked look on their faces. Stiles spoke again. "Are you really a witch?!" There was an excited glint in his eyes.
"...Yes..."
Scott looked excited. "Can you do magic?"
Maia thought her next words carefully. "... Like, actual magic or just... magic spells?"
"Magic magic!" Stiles said, flailing his arms. "Like, can you make something levitate? Oh, do you know how to set things on fire?! Can you shoot electricity from your hands?" Scott proceeded to punch Stiles in the arm. "Ow, hey!"
Scott hissed at his best friend, "Dude, shut up!"
Maia stared at them for a moment. Not sure how to handle the situation. She sighed, dropping her mini leather backpack on the floor. She took a few steps away from it before stopping. She stared at the bag and, a few seconds later, it started floating off the ground. She looked over to see the boy's expressions. Both of them had their eyes bulging and mouths agape. Maia reached her hand out towards the bag and flew towards her. She grabbed a strap and swung it back on. "Holy shit!" Stiles yelled, flailing like a weirdo once again. "What else can you do that with?!"
"Can you levitate that book?!" Scott asked, pointing to the Grimoire still on Stiles lap. A moment later, the book was floating up, directly in front of Stiles' face. "Woah..." Both boys said, awed. The book suddenly closed and darted back to its place on Maia's closet shelf, where all her witchcraft stuff was hidden away. The three were silent for a moment. Maia decided to ask, "So, why are you guys in my room?"
"Oh!" Stiles spoke, "There's a new Avengers movie out in the theatre right now, but they also got this sweet new arcade at the mall so we were going to go see the move and go to the arcade and we wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with us, since we know you like Marvel and video games, but if you don't want to go because you're mad or don't feel like it that's totally fine, I mean, we didn't mean to invade your privacy and we're really sorry but we were just curious and-"
"Stiles?"
"Yeah?"
"Shut up."
"Shutting up."
Maia climbed on her bed and rested on the headboard while the boys stayed at the end. "So, how'd you even get in? I'm pretty sure I locked my window before leaving."
Scott answered. "Your mom let us in."
Stiles followed with, "She was weirdly cool with it."
Maia chuckled. "Yeah, I think she's more concerned with me and girls than boys."
Both boys looked shocked and asked simultaneously. "You're lesbian?"
Maia shrugged. "Bi. But she's found me one too many times with girls for her comfort."
Scott looked confused while Stiles looked offended. "That's not fair! You get more action than me!"
Maia started laughing hysterically while she could hear Scott ask Stiles, "What did she mean getting caught with girls?"
Maia started laughing harder at Scott's question. "I'm going to pee! I'm gonna pee!"
Stiles started laughing at seeing Maia's red face while Scott, still confused, had a grin at Maia's contagious laughter. "Scott, she meant makeout or sex."
Maia looked at Scott and started crying at his red face. Even his ears were red! Stiles proceeded to collapse on the floor in laughter at his best friend's reaction. "Shut up! Stop laughing at me!"

Just like that, both boys found out about Maia's witch powers and where her sexuality laid. And she had to admit, it was like a weight off her shoulders. It wasn't a dirty little secret. She could talk to both of them about her powers and Stiles helped out with exploring them more. But she also got to feel... normal about her powers. She could casually use them without them blinking an eye unless it was a new power she was trying, then they became excited on her behalf. They had her back and were excited to learn about witchcraft along with her. Well, more Stiles. Scott was, but some of it took him a bit to understand. And for a year since that summer, she was happy with life. Truly happy, for the first time in a very long time. But she knew it was going to change. Nothing ever lasts, especially when everything is happy and fine.
Especially when a new supernatural rolls into town and her life feels like chaos all over again.