Chapter 8

I walked over to the stereo system and pulled out a random CD; Shinedown - Amaryllis. I wanted to her one specific song, because the title was cool. 'Through The Ghost.'

It started playing and I immediately loved it. I listened to the lyrics and adored every second.

Speak of the devil look who just walked into the room;

The guilted and faded motion of someone I once knew.

All the perfect moments are wrong, all the precious pieces are gone.

Everything that mattered is just a city of dust covering both of us.

Did you hide yourself away? I can't see you anymore. Did you eclipse another day? I used to wake up to the color of your soul.

Did you hide yourself away? Are you leaving through the ghost? Did you finally find the place above the shadows of the world? We'll never know. The world will never know you like I do.

So many silent sorrows, you'll never hear from again. And now that you've lost tomorrow is yesterday still a friend?

All the bridges we built were burned, not a single lesson was learned. Everything that mattered is just a city of dust covering both of us.

Did you hide yourself away? Icant see you anymore. Did you eclipse another day? I used to wake up to the color of our soul.

Did you hide yourself away? Are you leaving throught the ghost? Did you finally find the place above the shadows of the world? We'll never know. The world will never know you like I do.

Did you hide yourself away? I can't see you anymore. Did you eclipse another day? I used to wake up to the color of your soul.

Did you hide yourself away? Are you leaving the through the ghost? Did you finally find the place above the shadows of the world? We'll never know. The world will never know you...

The song reminded me of Frank in ways..just ways I can't explain.

I rewound the CD back to the beginning, and listened to the whole album.

Once the CD has ended, I turned off the stereo, and went into the kitchen. I searched for some food, and finally found some chips.

I felt determined to pour the whole bag on my face but didnt. That would've been fun though...

I walked to the couch and jumped onto it. I had completely forgotten about Frank. I stuffed my face with chips because why not.

After I gagged a few times, I finally got them down my throat, thank god.

I placed the bag onto the coffee table, and laid back. That's when the phone rang and I flinched. I went over to the phone stand, and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Yes this is the hospital, we were just letting you know that Frank is available to be visited."

"Oh thank you so much."

"You're very welcome, sir."

I grinned, and hung up. I sped to the chip bag and quickly ate the rest of the chips. I threw the bag onto the table, and ran outside. I locked the door behind me, and ran to the hospital.

After almost getting hit by a few cars, pushing some children down, and flipping someone off, I finally reached the hospital.

I fixed myself, and walked through the doors. I walked to the counter, signed in, and got a pass to walk to the room. 112 was the room number.

It seemed like forever until I found it. I opened the door, and peeked in. I saw Frank lying on the bed, head tilted, and hair in his face.

I walked closer, and pulled a chair up next to the bed. I grabbed Franks hand, and started to shed a tear. I was right; this isn't what I wanted to feel. I squeezed his hand with mine and wiped away tears with the other.

I fixed the hair out of his face and whispered, "I love you Frank, forever and always."

I weakly smiled and put both my hands on his. I stroked my left thumb back and forth, and couldn't keep from crying. Oh how wrong I was to be happy about this.

Frank was alive, but not alive enough. He wasnt moving, but still breathing. It seemed like he had died, but he's just in a coma. Maybe when you're in a coma you have a really long dream? What if he's dreaming that we both are living happily? What if he is dreaming about me? What if he was dreaming about laying in bed with me? Maybe he isn't. Maybe he is just dreaming of nothing but himself? What if it's only that bitch? What if it's just them both?

What question he was going to ask me before he crashed? Was it important?

So many fucking questions, but so little answers that I couldn't find.

I stopped rubbing my thumb on his hand, and just held it. I let go, and stroked his hair one more time. I put my hand around the back of his neck, and stroked it softly. "I'll be here again Frank. I love you, and please don't forget me. Please don't leave me."

I got up, put the chair back and walked out. While walking through the hallways, I couldn't help the tears falling down my cheeks. I kept wiping then away, but they kept coming.