Chapter 14: Brotherly Love

Start from the beginning

"Dante." I said hoping he wasn't actually leaving me here with...with this... monster.

He only smirked and closed the door.

"Dante!" I yelled trying to open the door.

"Have fun." He said through the door.

I turned back to the shaggy dark haired, brown eyed, and really scary buff person known as my brother. You would hardly be able to tell we were related except our olive skin town.

"Like what you did to your hair. How's rehab going?" He said his voice as harsh as I remember.

"We both know that I was never really depressed."

"So what exactly does that Dante guy mean when he says vampires?"

Wow, this is going to be quite the conversation.

"Um...vampires are real, Jake."

"You expect me to believe that vampires are actually really?" He laughed.

"Dante want to help me out?" I shouted through the door.

Dante was in faster than expected and unwrapped my arm.

"Don't mind if I bite you do you?" He asked smirking as he brought my arm up to his mouth.

"Wouldn't be the first time." I shrugged.

His fangs appeared breafly before he bit into my wrist, took a swallow or two, then released.It didn't hurt nearly as much as I remember.

"Thanks." I said as he walked out the door.

Thanks to my slayer healing the wound from earlier was healed up pretty well. I took the ace badge and wrapped it around the my wrist. When I was finally turned back to Jake his jaw was still on the floor.

"Jake, it's real. Vampires are real."

He ran his hands through his hair as if to help him process.

"Also I am a vampire slayer." I confessed.

"How?" He asked after about a minute of silence.

I told him the short version of what had happened to me in the last couple of months. Ironically the short version still took 30 minutes to explain.

"Wow, so you're super strong? Think you can take me?"

"Please it would be easier than snapping a pencil."

"Sure." He said sarcastically.

"Challenge accepted.:

He got in potion to fight and was on the floor in less than 15 second. I am pretty proud of myself.

"Wow." He said standing up and regaining his balance. "How long have you been a slayer?"

"Over a month now." I responded.

"Wow." Was all he could say.

THen we fell into a very awkward silence. I had no idea what to say to the guy who personally wrecked my life. Now here is here just in time to watch it all end.

"So these vampires want to sacrifice you?"

"Yup and you are just in time to watch." I said frustrated.

"You really hate me, don't you?"

"You spent months torturing me and beating me up. You are no better than them." I said truthfully.

It felt nice to finally speak the truth to his face. It was also weird to see my brother hurt.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could fix it, but I can't. It sucks that I can't because now you are getting sacrificed. I was too late."

He has no idea how long I have been waiting to hear those words.

"Life sucks, you'll get over it."

"Isn't there anyway we can get out of here?" He asked looking around.

"No, they have all the exits blocked."

He nodded.

That's when I cracked. That's when I realized that if my brother stays he is as good as dead. I started crying.

"Marie don't cry, have some respect for yourself." He joked.

"I'm sorry." I laughed through the tears. "I've just missed you."

He smiled then hugged me. I tried to save it in my memories because this family reunion is going to be cut short.

"We have to get you out of here."

"I thought you said there wasn't a way out?"

"I will make a way."

I honestly had no idea how to get my brother out of here alive, but I have to try. Jake has to get out of here. I don't have much time to get him out though, it's already 10:30 and I am expected to be down there at 11:15.

"Dante open the door or I will break it down myself." I yelled through the door.

"Go ahead and try Lipgloss."

Ugh, I hate that he calls me that. It's okay though, that just helps the anger build up inside of me. Everyone knows I am some much stronger when I am pissed. I charged at the door and the hinges snapped and the door landed on Dante.

"Ouch." Dante whinned.

"I told you I would. Now come on Jake, you're getting outta here."

We climbed over the door and I lead him over to the stairs. I observed the situation and the still broken front door would be the best way out. I dragged him down and led him out the door as fast as I could.

"Dante move, my brother is getting outta here." I said as he stood blocking our path.

"Not gonna happen, Seth is going to need someone to feed on."

"Seth isn't getting anywhere near my brother."

"Fine, have it your way." He said grabbing Jake and making access to his neck.

"Let him go." I hissed.

I stepped closer to them, but Dante stuck his hand out warningly.

"Stay there or I will break his arm."

I stepped back with my hands up in defeat.

"Good, now how do I get you back for the door incident?" He pondered.

I grew worried that Dante was about to do something stupid.

"How about turning your brother into the one thing you hate?" He asked before sinking his fangs into my brother's neck.

"No!" I yelled running closer.

It was no use though because two vampires who had my arms when I first was shown to Jake returned. There was nothing to do except watch as my brother got drained of his blood, then fell to the ground lifelessly.