Chapter 13: Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"Seth is the only of us who can. He is the strongest vampire who has ever lived. He must be the one."

I reached in my bag and grabbed a stake.

"Move or be dust." I warned.

All of the sudden someone came up behind me and grabbed me around my chest tightly. Tightly enough to the point where little air could get in. I looked to see who grabbed me and got a knot in my throat.

"Mr...Mr. Mystery?"

Standing in front of me was indeed the man who taught me everything about slayers. I can't believe this. That lady probably was a robot...or a vampire. Back to the important stuff though. He taught me only the basics probably so it would be easier for the vampires to find me.

"Didn't see that one coming did you?" He asked.

He tried to push me back towards the door, but I resisted.

"Hey guys need some help." He announced.

The vampire with the dark hair came over and threw me over his shoulder. He carried me back up the stairs despite my attempts to get away. He dropped me down on the bed before he left. Mr. Mystery followed us all the way and nodded a thanks as the other vampire left.

"You were a vampire this whole time!" I said partly thinking out loud.

"Yup."

"I can't believe this."

He got u and started pacing while I layed back and closed my eyes. This is unreal. They really planned everything out. They wanted me to be a slayer and learn more about the slayers. The learning my address and then sending Seth in. The only thing that doesn't make sense is how they knew where the next slayer would be. Unless...

"Did Dante and you plan on me wanting to become a slayer? Did he bite me so I would want to become one?" I asked hoping it wasn't true.

"He agreed to bite you and taught you. That was all though he can't be trusted with the rest. I knew he would get attached."

"Did he know that you planned on killing me?" I said as tears threatened to escape my eyes as the words barely left my mouth.

"Yes, he knew we were planning on sacrificing you. I believe his exact words were and I quote 'One human's life to create the strongest vampire?! Who could say no? It's just one little human life.' He was ecstatic to help."

The tears held back no longer as they streamed down my face. I couldn't believe Dante acted like he cared and the whole time he was just pretending. If he was pretending does that mean....No I can't think about it, but I need to know.

"Did... Did...Ni..: I can't even speak, tears were pouring down my face like a river flows to a ocean.

"You're wondering about Nicholas?"

I nodded.

"No, his heart is too pure. Even with being a vampire." He said discussed.

At least one person is who they seem they are.

"I can see you need some time. I'll give you some space." He said walking out the room with a smile.

I can't even begin to process this. I continued to cry, then went to punching and screaming into a pillow. I was mad, sad, and confused. How is everything a lie? I layed on the bed and thought about everything. How could Dante pretend to care? I laughed when a thought popped into my head.

Nicholas is going to kill Dante if he ever found out. I am going to be there when that happens. I got off the bed and dried the remainder tears off my face and opened the door.