Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed

Mulai dari awal

" I must say you planned this out amazingly. You offered to pick us up, didn't give us a address, plus have a house with absolutely no cell service. Congrats, you are one smart cookie."

" Thanks, I've been researching this ritual for a hundred years, planned out every detail, but you're different than I imagined. You are smart and know what to do. The weirdest part is, you are so new. Oh and by the way love the nickname." he laughed.

Of course, even when Dante isn't here he is still ruins everything.

"Well that makes one of us."

"How'd you get it?"

I'm so not going to go there right now.

" If I survive the night I'll tell you."

I wonder where Sarah is? Did she make it? I sure hope so.

"5 minutes Seth." I yelled after checking my phone.

"YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!" He yelled.

"What exactly is this ritual?"

"Well if I bless and kill a human on a full moon I will get stronger."

"So... why use a slayer?"

Looking down at Seth I realized just how high I am, probably 150 feet. I pulled out my phone and hit the lock button, 12:01. I waited it out, feel accomplished I started climbing down.

"Giving up?"

"Nope it's 12:01, the ritual time has closed."

I climbed down to the last branch and there was still about a 10ft drop. I jumped down and twisted ankle. That kinda hurt, oh well. I need to shake it off. We walked back to the house and I started heading towards the gate, but apparently it wasn't that easy.

"Where do you you're going?" he asked.

"Home, you can't do your ritual so I'm leaving."

He began to walk closer and I grabbed a stake out of my bag. "Back off Seth!" I warned.

"Where are you going to go Lipgloss? There is nowhere to run."

"Sarah got out." I spit out.

"What? I thought you said you didn't find her?"

"Well, I lied." I said starting to run toward the nearest part of the gate, but he grabbed my my arm. I sung the stake at him and he caught my arm.

" Nice try."

I tried to escape from his hold on me, but I couldn't. He dragged me upstairs and into what I would assume is his bedroom. He threw me down on his black feather bed and I hit my head on the head board.

"Now you might have stopped the ritual, but I will just wait till the next full moon." he said as he disappeared into the hallway.

I got up and ran out the door but he stopped me and pushed me back in.

"You're going to keep fighting, aren't you?"

"Yup."

He grabbed my right arm and put on big bulking bracelet with a flashing red light.

"What is this?" I asked trying to pull it off.

" A tracking device similar to what people under house arrest have on their ankles, but the difference is this one has an alarm the second you step off the property. So you can try as much as we want, but I will be able to catch you. Not to mention the fact that I will be with you every minute of everyday." he explained.

I tried and tried to take the bracelet off, but it wouldn't come off.

"Might as well get comfy, you are going to be here for a while." He said as he walked over to the bed and patted it with his hand to signal for me to sit down.