Chapter 7: Surprises and School

Depuis le début

"Dante, what the hell?!"

"How'd you know?" he asked his eyes wide in surprise.

"Because you and your brother are the only ones who know where I keep my secret stash of stakes and they're all gone."

"I knew we shouldn't have hid them." Dante said as Nicholas waked into the room.

"Nice job!" He told me giving me a high five before I walked into the kitchen.

"You guys have to clean up all this." I instructed motioning to my plate of eggs on the floor.

I made another plate of eggs and ate it in peace then went to do my makeup. I put on bright red lipstick and grabbed my bag, made sure I had my stake, and then left for orientation.

Wow, this school is huge. It was a three story school. Google says the school's property is three acres. I have a feeling I'm going to get lost here, a lot. I got out of Nicholas' car. And followed the signs to orientation. It was held in the gym that had red bleachers on two of the four walls. A huge cougar was painted in the middle of the floor. As I looked around I saw at least 500 kids. There were posters hanging from the top of the bleachers that read A-D, E-H, I-M, and so on through the alphabet. Other signs read sit according to last name. I made my way to the S-Z after remembering I changed my name to Whitmore.

"Hi!" A blond haired girl with blue eyes and a baby doll face said when I got over there.

"Hello!" I said back.

"I'm Sarah."

"Marie." I said while shaking her hand.

"It's so great to meet you!"

She's really... cheerful. I like her, she's definitely not shy.

"Likewise!" I smiled.

"So are you excited or what?"

"Um... I guess, but I don't really know anyone. I just moved here." I told Sarah.

"Oh that's cool! Well don't worry you know me now." she smiled.

"Yeah."

She makes me feel so welcome. I'm glad I met someone who is so open to meeting new people.

"Hi!" Sarah said to a guy walking over here.

He was in jeans, black tennis shoes, a grey t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. He had olive colored skin, brown eyes, and had black hair that was spiked in the front.

"Hi." He replied in a soft voice.

"I'm Sarah!"

"I'm Seth."

"Nice to meet you!"

"Yeah you too." he smiled.

He couldn't stop staring at Sarah. If I didn't know any better I would think he liked her.

"This is Marie." Sarah said motioning to me.

"Hi." I said shaking his hand.

"Hi." he said as he looked back at Sarah.

He sat down on the other side of Sarah. By the time orientation was over Sarah and I really got close. We exchanged phone numbers. Her and Seth also got really close. I spent most of the time holding my necklace with my blood in it. I haven't took it off since I got it.

"So, how was it?" Nicholas asked as I got into the car.

"Good I met this girl named Sarah and she's really nice."

"Yeah, that's cool."

I nodded.

Sarah Toplin text me later that day and we talked about school. We have 3 classes together; spanish 1, algebra, and honors english. Then we talked about seth and how much she liked him. We also talked about what we were wearing on the first day. She is wearing a yellow sundress with matching yellow pumps. I'm wearing a black crop top, ripped jeans, my leather jacket, and black leather boots.