warren | stockholm syndrome

|warnings: arguments, running away| 4.1K words|
Stockholm Syndrome: a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy

-

you grabbed your bag from your closet, it was currently 1am. you had already packed to run away. you had everything you need as you threw the hood of your jacket over your head. you put the bag on your back and opened to window. leaning your legs over the edge you grabbed onto the guttering pipes slipping and falling into the bushes below. your roommates were all looking out the window as you got up. you hated them all so you gave them your middle finger while running off towards the horizon. you reached a fence about half a mile away from the boarding school you were thrown into. staff started running towards you as you pressed against the fence. the fence was metal and you knew how to get around it. you were not a "mutant", you had no special power. jumping up and grabbing a tree branch climbing it as fast as possible, you reached the top. the tree started to shake and you took a leap off and for a split seconds felt the fresh wind on your face before hitting the ground on your knees the other side of the fence. you got up and gave another middle finger while just running. you were finally free after years of one room tutoring. it's started to get lighter, preferably your legs were weak and only just running on from the prison. after about another ten minutes you collapse onto your knees into the firm grass. your eyes start to close and you start to lay down. in the middle of no where you see a bird fly around the field but it stops and starts to dive down. your vision is blurred but what seemed to be a bird was now a human with wings, like some sort of angel. as it approached you, your eyes closed and you passed out from tiredness. you could feel a pair of hands around your wrists and the cold air all over you. after you opened your eyes to not find yourself where you last lay, you were facing the sunrise. pinks purples and oranges brightened the sky's as your soared through clouds and the air blew your hair backwards. you didn't even notice the angel above you, gripping tightly with his claw like fingernails. slowly you descended and they put you down. you didn't get up as you started to get dragged into a large warehouse filled with boxes. the person threw you towards the wall and started to grab a rope, you had no idea what was happening but before you could realise you were tied with you hands in the air against a wall. the angel stepped into the light and you realised it was a boy, well a man, he only look about nineteen close to your age though.

"i don't know what you are or what you will do to me" he said as i noticed the scars all over his body and his broken wings

"but you can stay here, at least it's better than being stuck in a field somewhere"

he turned and flew up to a small room like den and turned off his light. days past and you were still stuck. you could stand up, the creature gave you food and drinks as well as the music he played frequently. water and fruit was all you had. one day after about five days, he said he was going to fetch more drinks and left in a hurry. after two days of him leaving you started to wonder, had he left you to die? you finished the last water bottle you had and started to accept you were going to die. on the 5th day your weight had dropped and you were about on the verge of giving up when a huge noise was threw onto the floor and the angel stumbled in. you were pale and extremely hungry. he ran straight over to you apologising while giving you food and water. tears streamed from your eyes.

"YOU LEFT ME TO DIE!!" you shouted through sobbing

"i'm sorry!! i'm really am!! i can make it up to you" he pushed water towards you

you screamed at him while crying your eyes out and for a moment you felt him sink onto the floor with you and lower his wings from defence. you blinked and looked at him tilting your head towards him.