Being someone

Draco Malfoy

Had someone told him he would be gay when he was younger, he would have laughed at them and then he probable would have insulted them.

His best friend Pansy once told him that 'For you to be someone, you have to find out who you are first.' At the time he didn't think much of it, and didn't know the meaning behind it either

But as he looks back at it now. The way she is sitting in front of him now, telling him that she thinks he's gay. He should have listened more to her.

And maybe she is right, maybe I am gay. I know for a fact that she doesn't mind one fucking shit.

''M-maybe I am.''

I stumble across my words whilst trying to make it come out as smooth as possible and hope she didn't notice it.

She gives a fake surprised look with hint of amusement in it.

"It's fine you know. I accept you."

I know she does, but In a way scared of what the rest of the Wizarding world would say.

'Ex-death eater gay'

Normally I wouldn't care what other people think, but this is a complete different thing.

This is something that people get insulted with everyday, just because they are who they are.

I look up and pansy gives me a soft smile.

"Thanks Pansy."

I genuinely mean it.

I smile back at her and she start rambling about her and Blaise. I just smile because I know I won't be able to talk through her rambling so I just let her.

I think back how she was rambling just a few minutes ago and then suddenly she said I was gay.

'Draco, Honey. You're gay.'

When I think of it now, if she hadn't brought this up, I probably never would have said anything about it.

I would probably end up marrying a sweet girl and be miserable my whole life.

I hadn't realized myself I was gay till a few weeks ago, when we returned to Hogwarts and my feelings for a certain raven haired boy were undeniably there.

I always found him interesting, but I guess the hate covered it all up.

Pansy of course, has probably
known for a few years now.

Because when I think back to those words she said to me in 5th grade. I realize what they mean now.

She was telling me to just be myself.

And in a way she was saying that it was okay for me to be gay.

~

Word count: 426