Prologue

It all began in the season 2048 in a world that its inhabitants call Bardis. This world is one of dragons; magnificent flying beasts with powers to match those of nature itself. They lived on five main land masses. There were the continents Dragonoth, Antica, Rema and the Gemstone Isle. Then there were the Isles of Rain, islands covered in rainforest or desert with hostile forces to match.

This particular tale takes place on the Gemstone Isle. It was the said domain of a deity known as the Dawn Tree, tree of prophets. As the ancient tales said, this tree had given a great gift to the dragons that thrived on its land. Five gems that could bring joy, peace, and unity, or had the potential to destroy all that dragons knew.

Now, the dragons that received these great gifts decided to split the gems. So then every territory housed their own gem. These dragons who took the gems were renowned as heroes, so they were given leadership of each territory. These were the first rulers. 

Returning to the current time, the dragons of The Gemstone Isle are thriving. Each territory keeping to their own. Trade circulates throughout the island. But in the heart of Ruby Territory a heart turns black with jealousy. The one belonging to the one known as Prince Muscle.

Muscle desired rule over his homeland and that wasn't just limited to his own territory. He wished for power over the entire continent.

So, the ambitious dragon challenged his older sister, Queen Ruby, to an open fight for the throne. Their battle was intense, but in the end, one lone victor remained. That victor was King Muscle.

The young king's first maneuver was to ally himself with the other side of the isle, for another king had just arisen, King Topan of the Topaz. Topan and Muscle had recently met and had begun to understand each other. Both being kings, Topan suggested that a new law should be set down. One that bound the kings together in an unbreakable alliance.

After that things steadily went from bad to worse. The two newly allied rulers shut down all trade that entered or exited their territories. Thus rousing suspicion in the minds of the other three rulers. 

One in particular was watching them closely. Her green eye piercing through the thick mists that surrounded their scheme. The Queen of the Sapphire.

One fateful day a patrol from Sapphire Territory was captured on the Rubies' side of the border. They barely made it a mile before they lost the battle for distance. The Ruby king and his guard caught them all. Then, without any mercy, ended each of their lives. After this, the kings decided that it was time to make their move.

Muscle and Topan gathered their armies' full strength and marched on Sapphire Territory. The endless calm of the tribe immediately evaporated when the armies were spotted over their border.

The battle lasted for nearly three days and stained a lake red from all of the spilled blood. The days afterward were spent in confusion. Battles broke out all over the continent and there never was a winner crowned. On top of that, drake raids began to arise more often as the powers of the tribes began to dissipate.

Then, even the Dawn Tree stopped producing Her glow. The tree grown from love and light, now was consumed by sorrow. In one final clash between the Dawn Tree's caretakers and King Muscle's strongest battalion, She fell into a deep sleep. Causing all on the continent to fall into even darker times of despair. This sleep was said to only be awoken by 'the return of what was given'. A term that none could fathom.

Gradually the tribes fell into a fragile peace as the Topaz King was forced to pass on his rule to his cunning grandson, Prince Joyom. Slowly, the dragons dulled in color and spirit. Darkness beginning to consume them all.

Still the territories are at war even 100 seasons later. This is where this story begins, in season 2148 when a prophecy finally begins to take hold...