Secularism

The divinity had realised that since he had not spoken Alexander since their dispute, he had failed to engage conversation with him, which had been his primary objective. He had to wait for Alexander to speak to him. Time did reach this event and Alexander initiated the second debate."May I ask you, which is greater, the faith of a nation or its knowledge."

The deity had prepared an answer, he was faith, it gave good men meaning and a logical debate on the behalf of morality. "I believe a man's spiritual power is greater than scientific power, society could never function on science alone, it does not unite people like a common belief."Alexander naturally disagreed, "but reasoning builds nations, it is on the reason of man that society is moralised."

Morality meant much to the deity and agreed with his reasoning, "I am aware of how politics was built on the backs of questioning men but is it not the prophets who make men reason?"

"Prophets are founded on their own morals," Alexander said, almost as if he were confused in the deity's own reasoning "scholars bend these morals into laws."

"But why would laws be introduced lest they be built on the basis of morality?"

"Bad men influence conduct on behalf of self-interest," Alexander explained with smug expression, "Morality will never be the sole judge in autocracy."

"So if the evils hate the basis of theocracy, surely they would prefer to endorse secularism?" The divinity questioned hoping to corner Alexander.

"No," Alexander ricocheted, "seculars think for themselves, when people are independant they can question immoral leadership, dictatorships are build on ignorance and apathy, they benefit from the uneducated masses."

"But what if the dictator were to built his people so loyal that science could not harm him? what if they treated him as a god?"

"Then is that not built on an unholy faith?" Alexander replied, smugly.

"Could piety be constructed of morals that are ill to humanity?"

Alexander simply said "yes, faith is loyalty to who they think is god, not a moral one who is" Alexander seized this opportunity to force his point of the superiority of knowledge, "science is built solely for learning truth, it would be dishonourable in the face of natural philosophy to abuse this code of the scholar,"

"But faith aims exclusively at bettering a man, prophets know that gods want what is best for humanity and that the axiom of deities has ever focused on the function and formality that good society is dependent on."

"Science may not be altered to enhance the power of tyrants, religion may break such a code as a man who has been worshipped I can cement that when you are loved by a few you want to be loved by everyone and force may be implemented by doing so. The narcissism that comes out of science requires that you have achieved much for an honourable cause and worked hard by your theorem. You are not a great scientist simply by getting everyone to agree you are, fate will know and look in disappointment."

Alexander felt amazing: he had cornered the deity as he had unto him the dispute prior.The divinity alas caved in, "alright, I accept that science will always be honorable but I will still keep to my ideology that a man of a noble faith will be spiritually bigger than a man of a noble science,"

Alexander took it, he had avenged his first loss, this was victory. "Fine,  keep a little citadel of denial within you, it will be a memorial of your lost argument," he was smug for he had won.