Inbox

Hey guys, this is Abianne here. This is my 2nd story and it is going to be a short story... one chapter. :D It's a story from a short film I found on Youtube. It's got no dialogue, and kind of a back and forth between the guy and girl. :) Since it might be confusing, there's a *** every time there's a switch. You can watch the film here if you want to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75wNgCo-BQM Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DerikMart Apparels. The one place you can get what you want, from dresses to shoes. Window shopping will have you convinced. A pretty big store in a pretty big city on a pretty normal day. Click-takka-click. Bzzzz. A cashier billed a customer, ripping the receipt from the machine. In one corner of the store, a young girl approached a section of teddy bears looking for something to buy for her friend. She was about 25, with shoulder-length waves framing her heart-shaped face. She wore a simple, blue, sleeveless dress. She grabbed a yellow teddy bear, looked it over, and put it back on the shelf. Next, she lifted a tan teddy bear in a Hawaiian shirt. It seemed cute enough. She smiled softly and checked for the tag. She couldn't find it, but it didn't matter.

Looking up she found a scrawny guy checking her out down the aisle. Just like him, his hair had some attitude. Smile dropping, she frowned and walked briskly away. She went to the counter and abruptly placed her gift in front of the man. The man slowly reached out to grab the bear and scanned the bear. He was checking her out too.

You have got to be kidding me, the girl thought. This is getting out of hand. She rolled her eyes, and turned to look ANYWHERE but there. She spotted two identical red bags a little farther down the counter. They were covered in swirls. She reached over to grab it and found the two attached. She looked in it and around it. Huh... The cashier reached his hand out for the bag. She gave it to him. Nothing wrong in getting it. The receipt buzzed out of the machine as the cashier gently tried to pull the bags apart. After a couple tries, they separated. He placed one on the counter, and put in the bear & the receipt. 

Meanwhile, in another corner, there stood a couple holding hands picking out clothes. And there was a guy staring at them. He was pretty young too, maybe 26. He looked good - 5' 11", tanned skin,  square face - but he was a typical nerd with glasses. He stared at their clasped hands and pushed his glasses up his nose. When would he be one of them? He looked up to find a girl walking by, shopping for shirts. He gazed at her for a long time. She glanced up. Panicking, he looked away, glancing back again. She just stared. Now completely freaked out, he reached out to look like he was buying something. Knocking 3 boxes off the counter, he frantically grabbed the last one of whatever it was and ran off to the cashier. 

He pushed the box towards the cashier at the counter. Bored, his thoughts begin to wander to the posters on the wall. His eye fell on a sign. CARRYBAGS NOT PROVIDED HERE. 

Great... now what am I supposed to do? Why the heck did I even pick this up!? He glanced down at the container. Jockey's Underwear. He did a mental facepalm. Now what was he going to do for a bag.... He looked around and focused on a lone red bag on the counter. It was decorated in swirls. The cashier gave him the bag and the receipt, and the boy began his journey home.

***

A half an hour later, the girl had just gotten home. Having nothing to do, she logged onto her Facebook. She sat back as the page loaded. 5 friend requests and 2 chats. All from guys. 'Hey baby.' Disgusted, she closed her laptop. She swiveled around in her chair, not wanting to touch her laptop again. Her chair stopped in front of the red bag from that afternoon.

***

The guy walked out of the shower, a towel tied around his waist. He dried his hair and reached in to pull the box out of the red bag. Out came a teddy bear. He stared at it in confusion.