Wanda knew what he was suggesting. She didn't like to read minds if she didn't have to. She nodded her head softly. The constant ache in her chest began to worsen. Losing her brother was something Wanda never thought she'd go through.

---

Shay was on fire. Her hands were shaking, trembling violently, and her chest felt like it was filled with smoke. She let out a ragged cough which only further burnt her throat. Her hand glided along the brick wall in the alley. The cold snow seemed to melt beneath her bare feet as she stumbled through the alley. She finally gave up and quit fighting the vision. She had to lean against the brick wall to keep from losing her balance and falling.

"Shay!"

She could faintly hear someone call her name.

"Sonny-," Her brother's name was interrupted by another cough that shook her shoulders. Her lungs refused to function properly. When she would try to take a breath, she would begin to cough again. Her knees buckled and she collapsed to the snowy ground. Hands found her arms. It was her brother. Shay pushed him away. He was desperate to help in some way but she didn't want him to touch her. He tried to pull her up into a sitting position. His hand on her arms were hot and made the heat in her worse. Everything hurt. Her head was pounding, her chest burned like she had inhaled smoke, and her skin tingled all over like a thousand needles were stabbing her.

"You need to take a breath, Shay." Sonny told her. He took her hand and placed it against his chest. "Breathe with me, Shay. Inhale.... and exhale." Shay did her best to focus on her brother's heartbeat just beneath her palm. It took a few minutes but he was eventually able to get her to calm down and at least take small, shallow breaths. She leaned forward to rest her forehead against his chest. A few more minutes passed before she was no longer able to smell or taste smoke. "Do we need to go to the hospital?"

"No." She croaked, softly shaking her head. "I just.... just need a minute."

"You can't start leaving the apartment again when you have visions, Shay." Sonny gently rubbed her back as he waited patiently for her to give him the okay that she was ready to move. The wind was chilly as it gently blew through the alley. Sonny shivered. He was only in a pair of black joggers and a white long sleeve. When he had woken up and found his sister absent from her bedroom, he didn't waste time in putting on shoes or the proper clothing to venture out into the cold February night. He was too concerned about her safety.

Shay pulled her head from his chest. He brushed a few white braids back out of her face and studied her features for a moment.

"Do you want me to carry you, Shay?" He gently asked her. She nodded softly. Sonny stood to his feet then scooped his sister into his arms.

"M'sorry, Sonny." She tucked her nose into the crook of his neck.

"You don't have to apologize, Shay. I know you can't control it. What was it about?"

Shay didn't answer him. He made his way up the steps to their apartment building. He pushed the front door open and closed it behind himself. As he was moving towards the stairs, Sonny glanced down to check Shay. She was fast asleep. He carried her all the way up to the fourth floor where their apartment was. He placed her in her bed and pulled all three fuzzy throws, two blankets, and one comforter over her. With a heavy sigh, Sonny sat down on the edge of her bed. He ran a hand over his face and put his head back. She had done good for the last four months with not leaving the apartment when she had a vision in her sleep. He had gotten used to the luxury of being able to sleep through a night without having to worry about her wandering into the street.