Now you see me, now you don't

I looked out the window as the trees whipped by us. I slightly looked over at Nash, who was bobbing his head up and down to a song I didn't know.

We hadn't spoken a word to each other since we got in the car.

I looked down at the black leather seats noticing that they looked new. Actually everything about this car seemed new.

The way it smelled when I first opened the door and how you could barely hear the engine when Nash turned on the car.

The ride was also as smooth as ice.

I wonder how he is able to afford such a nice car. Especially considering the fact that it was a Lexus.

I looked out the window once again and saw a small boy standing in the rain. “Did you see him?" I asked Nash.

“See who?"

“There was a little boy just standing in the rain."

Nash slowed down the car before saying, “You sure about that?"

I thought for a minute before realizing that that boy looked very familiar.

I was about to say no, but then I saw him standing right in front of the car.

He was the boy from the bus that day. Before I could say anything to Nash the car went right through him.

I turned in my seat to look back but he was no longer there. That's it he must be a ghost. I would have to ask my grandma what the point of my “power" was.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is why he was always around Nash.

I thought about the face of the little boy. He had light blond hair with hazel eyes. He looked nothing like Nash except for their noses, which were both straight.

“Do you want me to turn around?" Nash asked me.

“No I think was just seeing things."

“Alright then." That was the only thing he said for the rest of the ride.

~~~~~

When we finally pulled up in front of my house I saw my mom angrily tapping her foot on the front porch.

“Oh crap." I grabbed my things and said a quick goodbye to Nash before getting out of the car.

Right as I closed the car door my mom started yelling at me.

“Masi Rochelle Carters how dare you sneak out of the house!" Yep I was in it deep this time.

“And then I get a call from the school saying that you have detention! I hope you know your grounded for two weeks!"

Maybe I could go to Nash's house until the she devil calms down. When I looked back though Nash was already gone.

“And who was that boy you were with, is he your boyfriend?!"

“Ok mom I understand that you are mad but can you please stop yelling?" Apparently this was the wrong thing to say to her.

“Who do you think you are telling me what to do!" By this point I had lost it.

“Look mom what would you do if you had just learned that your whole entire life was a lie?!" We stared each other down before she sighed.

  “Just go to your room Masi."

“I need to talk to grandma first."

A flash of annoyance appeared in her eyes. “Why can't you just do as I say?"

“Please mom it's important."

She walked into the house and I closed the door behind us.

“Well then you'll have to call her."

As we walked into the kitchen she handed me the house phone. “How come?" I asked.

“I had her leave."

We were both silent for a long time just staring at one another. I turned on my heel and walked up to my room. Once I got in my room I slammed the door closed and threw myself onto my bed.

I screamed into my pillow for about a minute when I felt someone watching me. I slowly sat up and looked around

Right in front of me was the same boy from earlier. I immediately felt my face pale.

“Wha-" Before I could finish my sentence he cut me off.

“It's not his fault."

And with that he left.