Earthbounds

Please leave your message for 85-

I quickly ended the call and threw my phone onto the bed. That was the fifth time that I called my grandma and I was getting tired of hearing that stupid robot person's voice. Honestly I was starting to get worried about my grandma. I mean how busy can a 71 year old woman be.

It was currently 6:00 and I had no idea what to do. After that boy vanished I started pacing around my room and running my fingers through my brown hair. I doubt my mom would know what to do if I told her what happened and my grandma was currently M.I.A.

Just as I was about to go on Google and see if I could find any information my phone started ringing. I practically dived for it and quickly pressed answer.

“Hello? Grandma?" I asked anxiously.

“Why yes Masi what do you need?"

I sighed in relief. I had never been so happy to hear the old woman's voice before.

“Grandma I need to talk about my gift or whatever" I said.

“Oh that's right I never got to fully explain it". I could hear her laughing on the other end of the line. How could she laugh about this?

“Well what do you want to know my dear?"

I suddenly felt extremely nervous. Did I really want to learn more about this or did I just want to ignore everything and go back to having a normal life? Then I suddenly thought about my mom. No, I can't be like her. I can't runaway from this

“Hello Masi are you still there?"

“ Yeah grandma. So I want to know what the purpose of my gift is." I said.

“The purpose of your gift." I heard my grandma say. “ Well that's quite simple. It's to help Earthbounds cross over."

“Earthbounds? What are those?"

She just started explaining things and I was already confused.

“Well I guess they are most commonly known as ghosts or even lost souls." She said.

So that means the boy I saw earlier was a ghost.

“So I am supposed to help ghosts move on or whatever?" I asked. Yeah, I could never see myself doing that.

“That's exactly it Masi." She paused for a moment before she continued speaking.

“Now tell me, have you seen an Earthbound?"

“I think I have. It's a little boy who keeps appearing around one of my classmates." Just what is that boy's connection to Nash I wondered.

“Well then you need to help him crossover" my grandmother stated. I was completely dumbfounded when she said that. Did she really expect me to do this?

“ And how do I do that?" Maybe I had to become a medium or something like in those ghosts shows I always watched.

“First you must find out why the Earthbound is still in the physical world. Once you've gotten that far I will explain the next step." She sounded like she was teaching a cooking class.

“Now I'm sorry Masi but I must go now." Before she could hang up I asked her one more question.

“Wait grandma! What exactly happened to my dad?"

There was a long silence and then I heard my grandma sigh.

“Now that is a question for your mother." And with that she hung up.