Chapter 2: First Meeting

*special shout out to my newest wattpad friend tantei_mika_chan she is probably one of the most talented authors that I have ever read from in my life.Check out her work!! Love, Ash

So, Lovlies. How are you all doing?? Did you enjoy the last chapter??? I hope you will help me become a better writer by writing corrections for me in the comments. I kind of felt like Sofie gave up too easily. What do you guys think???

Okay.. well thank you guys sooooo much for reading. I am going to try to post as frequently as possible before my volleyball tournament season starts but as long as people are reading, I would love to continue with the story.

Thank you, guys. Luvvvv you!!!

Ash

------

I sat in front of the vanity table and straightened my frizzy curly hair. As I walked towards the bathroom to get my mascara I stopped in front of what was soon to be Jacob's room. I slowly opened the door and looked around. Yesterday Uncle Seth went shopping for things to furnish our old guest bedroom. He had bought and installed a huge bed and covered it in dark blue sheets. The closet was stocked with new clothes and toiletries that Uncle Seth thought he needed. The corner table had been made into a makeshift desk and had a printer, laptop, new cellphone, paper, notebooks, and pencils. Uncle Seth had also purchased new school supplies for Jacob and had compiled them into one big black backpack. I sighed. I doubted that Jacob would even use them. I had also heard that he was failing almost every class last year. He had some of his girls do his work for him so that he could stay on the football team. I shook my head slowly as I closed the door behind me. I quickly swiped my eyes with mascara and put on my pink camisole. I walked downstairs to see Uncle Seth wearing a nice dress shirt and black trousers. I looked back at my jean shorts and pink cami. Uncle Seth gave me the once over.

"What are you wearing? Put on a dress or some fancy clothes, I have to go pick up Jacob in 20 minuets!" he says, obviously stressed out.

I blew a bubble with my gum and popped it. "It's not like I actually like that he's staying with us," I say rudely. "Why do I have to dress up?"

Uncle Seth rubs his temples. "Fine. Whatever, Sofie." He points a finger in my direction. "You better be polite," he says.

I just storm back upstairs and flop back on my bed. I grab my Iphone out of my pocket and text Elise:

Me: hey el

Elise: hey. jacob home yet

Me: no. i don't want him to come anytime soon.

Elise: just take one look at him and tell me that

Me: Kay El i've got to go . Seth wants me

Elise: txt me after dinner

Me: kay bye

I drop my phone on my bed and run down to Uncle Seth. "Sofie, just take the pot roast out of the oven when the timer goes off. The mashed potatoes are done."

My mouth drops open. "Y..you made all of this?" I ask, looking at the pot roast, mashed potatoes, rolls, cookies, and green beans.

Uncle Seth winks at me. "No. Mrs. Loyd down the street made the pot roast and green beans. The masked potatoes and the cookies are from Walmart,"

"That sounds like the Uncle Seth I know," I say with a laugh.

Uncle Seth kisses the top of my head and grabs his keys. "Bye, Sofie. I'll be back in 5 minuets flat. Promise."

I nod and walk upstairs as I hear Uncle Seth leave the garage. Uncle Seth has let Jacob borrow his old car while he is here. My new black Acura IXL sits beside it in the garage. I lay back on my bed and stare at the ceiling. What have I gotten myself into?

-----

I grab the boiling pan with the pot roast in it and pull it out of the oven. I can feel the searing pain as it comes in touch with my bare flesh. "Ow!" I yell, dropping the pan. The pot roast rolls out of the pan and onto the floor. I quickly roll it back onto the pan and place it on the table. I wash my hand with cool water as the doorbells rings. My heart jumps to my throat. I frown. I don't even want Jacob here, why is my stomach doing flip flops?' I wondered to myself. I run and stand in front of the door. I dismantle the locks and open the huge black door.

---------

To say that he wasn't attractive would be a lie. Jacob was tall with brown eyes and black hair that stood up in all the right places. He was wearing a dark grey short sleeved tee shirt that showcased his gorgeous muscles and blue jeans. He tosses his sneakers off and looks up at me. A smile forms on his face as he shamelessly lets his eyes roam over my body. He looks up at me.

"Hey gorgeous," he says in a deep voice.

"Sofia," I correct.

"What?" he asks looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"My name is Sofia," I say stubbornly, a subtle edge to my voice.

Jacob rolls his eyes.

"It was a complement," he says.

"Thanks, but no thanks," I say.

Uncle Seth gives me a look. "Hey, let's go have dinner!" he says, looking at Jacob.

----

I sit on one side of the table, Jacob on the other side, and Uncle Seth at the head of the table. We all sit in an akward scilence. Suddenly Uncle Seth speaks. "I prepared your room for you, Jacob," he says, breaking the scilence. Jacob doesn't look up from his food. I bite my tounge from saying something rude. We were giving Jacob a chance. He lifted his head and winked at me. A wink. No gratitude. No happiness. Not even a thank you. A flirtatious wink. That was it. Uncle Seth looked at me.

"Sofia, you show Jacob his new room. I can clear up in here," he says quietly. I nod and begin up the staircase. Jacob follows close behind me. I finally reach his bedroom. I open the door. Suddenly I feel 2 hands on my waist. I quickly move away and find myself facing Jacob.

"Here's your room," I say moving towards the door. I stand by the door frame and look up at Jacob.

He looks at me, expecting me to leave but I stand in the doorway. "You could have been nicer to Seth. He's giving you a second chance and you couldn't even say thank you," I say. The words come out more meanly then I would have wanted them to.

"Shut up, b*itch, I don't need to listen to you " he responds angrily.

"What the he*l is your problem?" I yell.

Suddenly my head hits the wooden closet door. Jacob has his two hands on either side of my head. His brown eyes are looking directly at my green eyes and his breath fans across my face.

"You don't know a f*cking thing about me, you idiotic b*itch," Jacob growls.

He moves away from the door and walks around to the other side of the bed.

I shut the door behind me as I leave the room.

I pick up my phone.

Me: you were right. he is super hot

Elise: i told u

Me: except that he's an a*shole

1 day down, 364 days left.

-----

Hey guys! I have volleyball practice tonight so I typed this up at school on my kindle fire during study hall! Hope y'all are doing well. Do you think that Jacob got mad too quickly? Comment me with feedback.

Ash