|BLAST FROM THE PAST|

Start from the beginning

"Well, I can see why you wanted to come here. I feel safer already" Klaus says sarcastically making Odette take a deep breath taking in the booze mixed with old sweat smells reminding her of what it used to be like when the bar was like home

At the sound of a foreign voice the bartender gives the group walking in a look as he was able to smell the vampire in them, "We're closed"

"You don't look closed..." Klaus says as he looks around the bar to see only a handful of day time drinkers spread around the bar

"We are for you" the middle aged bartender says

"Well, perhaps you failed to notice the hat?" Klaus says pointing to the hat he wore

"I'll take a bourbon. Unless Hollis is still serving that moonshine of his?" Hayley says with a sigh as she rests her arms on the bar just as Odette squats down to check up on Hope who was sitting in her stroller without a care in the world 

Just then, Hollis a middle aged black man walks out into the bar from the back room. Once his eyes land on Hayley his eyes widen knowing that Odette would be just around the corner as the two were always tied to the hip, and he was ecstatic to see at least one

"I'll be dammed. I got this" Hollis tells the bartender making him walk away. At the sound of Hollis voice Odette takes one last look at Hope before she stands up, "It's been a long time since you danced on my bar, Hayley Marshall. And Ms. De Marie!" 

"Monsieur!" Odette says happily as that's what she used to call Hollis once he found out that she spoke French. She then walks over to him as he stood behind the bar and they share a tight hug as their relationship was one of a mentor, he was after all the one who taught Odette everything she knows about alcohol. "You still haven't found a descent replacement for me I see"

"Between you flirting with my customers, knowing your drinks and from time to time dancing on the bar with this one" Hollis tells a smiling Odette while pointing at an equally happy Hayley "I have not been able to find someone with half the charisma you have nor to give me half the trouble two you did"

"Don't worry, we get into a different kind of trouble these days" Hayley says making the three chuckles for a moment before being pulled out of reality as introductions were needed to be made.

Odette makes her way back to the customers side of the bar towards her daughter who sat in her stroller before saying, "Hollis, I'd like you to meet Hope"

"Oh, look at her!" Hollis gushes at Hope who was facing the bar, still strapped in her stroller quietly playing with her toy. Hollis notices the wedding band on Hayley's hand which was set on the bar in front of him and assumes that Klaus is her husband as he stands next to her while she sat on a stool. "Ah, city boy, hu? Wouldn't have guessed that"

Klaus sits down on one of the bar stools next to Hayley while taking off his hat and responds in a mocking tone, "Never underestimate the allure of indoor plumbing"

Odette slaps Klaus shoulder lightly with a smile, while Hayley jumps in to mediate as she looked at the two awkwardly "Hollis, this is Klaus. He's my..."

Seeing that Hayley is struggling to find the words to describe Klaus, Odette jumps in thinking it would be easier for her to define her relationship with Klaus, "He is my baby daddy... and I guess my um boyfriend. it's--it's a long story"

Hollis looks visibly confused, as he narrows his eyes and looks over at Klaus who returns the look in kind before giving Hollis a small smirk.

"We just... need a place to lay low" Hayley explains to which Hollis doesn't seem too pleased by this request, but when he sighs and smiles at her anyway