Chapter One <3

Začít od začátku

            "Don't listen to her." Adam said shaking his head. "Your flirting skills are a work of art." He said teasingly.

            Penny glared. "Your face is a work of art."

            "...Thank you?" He said hesitatingly.

            "Ugh. It was meant to be an insult. It came out wrong." Penny pulled her hood over her hair and tightened the strings so that only a small portion of her face was visible. Then she proceeded to face plant the table repeatedly.

            Madison reached out a hand to stop her. "Come on, you really can't afford to lose anymore brain cells." She teased.

            Penny glared at her supposed best friend. "That was a really cheap shot to take while I was already down." Penny mumbled.

            A couple of hours later Penny was still facing the same problems (the problem being that she was still a complete wreck of a human being and that she still had cute coffee shop guy's phone). The missed calls had crept their way up into the forties.

            "Why don't you just go back to the coffee shop?" Madison asked as Penny continued to grow less and less into a person and more into a lump of anxiety and bad decisions.

            "That is a terrible idea." Penny shook her head, and then continued to shake her head. "The worst in fact."

            "How is it?" Madison challenged her.

            "You're never meant to return to the scene of the crime!" Penny cried. "That's basic crime 101."

            Madison let out a long drawn out sigh. "You're being ridiculous. Look maybe there's a different more helpful person working there now, who will put the phone into the lost and found, and they'll contact cute coffee shop guy – that's a terrible name by the way." She shot Penny a particularly scathing look.

            "Please try to stay on subject. My life is currently falling to pieces." Penny reminded her friend, lifting up the phone, which was once again buzzing with another call.

            Madison rolled her eyes. "Right." She said dryly. "As I was saying just go back and give a different employee the phone and then get back out of there again. Simple."

            Penny frowned. "I have a better idea." She said slowly.

            Madison looked at her dubiously. "You do?" She asked.

            "Yes." Penny nodded solemnly. "I give myself a fringe, invest in some sunglasses, and then promptly leave the country and change my name."

            Madison rolled her eyes. "Let's call that plan C."

            "I assume plan A is still your awful go back to the coffee shop idea." Penny said. "What's plan B?"

            "Literally anything that doesn't involve leaving the country." Madison said the 'duh' heavily implied.

            "Funny. I am glad you can find humour in this situation, because I can't." Penny huffed.

            "Maybe you shouldn't have stolen the phone in the first place." Madison said with one raised eyebrow.

            "We're past that now! I have already realised the error of my ways." Penny cried. "Right now I'm looking for solutions." She gave the phone another mournful look as it rang again.

            Then a grin came across Madison's face that Penny truly did not like the look of.

            "You could always answer the phone." She suggested.