17

Going into their father's office, Bryan sits in his dad's chair and then turns on his laptop. The lock screen appeared, and he quickly typed in the password. Alexis thought it was sweet of her father to use her mother's name as his passcode. "Unlock the armory. I need to grab a few things." Alexis whispers to her brother, who nods. Once the vault to the armory in the basement was unlocked, they went down to the armory and browsed through the impressive collection of weapons and armor until they both found what they liked.

 Once the vault to the armory in the basement was unlocked, they went down to the armory and browsed through the impressive collection of weapons and armor until they both found what they liked

[Alexis' costume]

[Bryan's costume]

[Bryan's costume]

Alexis took a few throwing knives, a crossbow, two swords, two daggers, and a black leather outfit with a hood. Like his sister, Bryan also took throwing knives, twin daggers, his father's sword, and a suit of black armor. After getting what they needed, Bryan wondered how they would transport their gear to Gotham without going through customs. "How are we going to get this shit back to Gotham without it setting off the metal detectors in the airport?" He asked.

"Who said anything about taking a plane." Alexis grinned. "I was thinking about something a lot faster."

"If your idea is to swim there, then I'm in," Bryan said. "But what about our gear? How will we get it there without it getting wet?"

"Oh, that's easy; I know a few whales, and they owe me a favor," Alexis said.

"A favor for what?" Bryan questioned.

"Bry, it doesn't matter. Right now, we must hurry and put all our gear in waterproof bags." Alexis said seriously.

"Fine. But you're still not off the hook." Bryan said, packing their gear in three bags.

After Bryan finished packing, they bid the rest of their siblings farewell before sneaking out of the house and journeying to the secluded beach where they trained. Once they arrived, Alexis and Bryan put their cellphones and wallets into ziplock bags and then placed them inside the same bag that their costumes were in. Alexis sends a message to her whale friend, that was just twenty-one miles away from where they are. Thirty-five minutes later, a pod of killer whales arrived.