THIRTY-TWO

[A/N: THIS IS NOT A NEW CHAPTER ! I'M JUST EDITING & EXTENDED MY CHAPTERS TO MAKE IT LOOK NEATER & FIXED MY GRAMMAR! BUT I HAVE NEW NEWS!]

It had been a full week that had gone by, I was still in shock of the news. I keep thinking it's all a bad dream, but I'm faced with reality when I see him not around the house. Like every night these past few days, I cried myself to sleep.

I had given it thought, I wasn't going to stay in Riverdale much longer. There was literally nothing left for me here.

I woke up the next morning, my eyes red and blotchy because of all the crying. I could hear noise coming from the kitchen, and I was confused. I quickly got out of bed, I walk down, and I see Sweet Pea standing there, and then I felt a heaviness in my heart.

"Morning." He says, smiling and I look at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, and he comes to me.

"I just wanted to be here with you. We're all still in shock about it, but he was your father. I'm sorry for what you're going through, I know it can't be easy." He says, and I give a small smile.

"Thank you."

"So, I decided to bring you your favourite food from Pops. And I was thinking we could have breakfast together?" Sweet Pea says, and I looked at him, giving a small smile.

"I would love that." I said, pushing all my emotions to the side, and he smiles brightly.

"Really? Great." He says.

===

After spending the morning with Sweet Pea, he had to go because Fangs needed him for something. I didn't exactly object to it, so I let him go.

I was in my room right now, and I was packing the rest of all my stuff that I needed. Clothes, shoes, pictures. A tear ran down my face for what felt like the hundredth time today, I lift up an old photo of my family.

We all looked so happy. Like nothing could ever stop us.

I sniffled, placing the photo away in my bag. I wiped my eyes, swinging my bag over my shoulder and as I turned around, walking out and down the hall. I opened the door and as I stepped out, I see Jughead standing there, next to my bike.

"You're leaving?" He asked, frowning.

"I can't be here anymore Jug, not in here, not the Southside, not in Riverdale. It's just too much for me right now." I said, and he nods, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Were you going to say goodbye this time?"

"I didn't want to burden you with anything." I said, he scoffs and uncrosses his arms. He walks over and pulls me into a hug and squeezes me, he pulls away and I see his eyes begin to water.

"You are not a burden, Kali. You are life itself." He says, I let out a tear and smiled.

"I love you Jughead, so much."

"You're my sister, blood or not." Jughead says, crying, "I love you forever."

"I love you forever." I replied, and I interlock our pinkies just like we used to when we were kids.

"Don't be a stranger." Jug says, as I get onto my bike and I smiled at him. I started the bike up once more, and I left seeing Jughead fade away in the dust.

I kept driving, until I was nearly out of Riverdale. I kept driving, then I see a figure in the middle of the road, and I slowed down. As I got closer, I see it was Sweet Pea on sitting on his bike. I stopped, he looks at me and I give him a look.

"No goodbye? You were going to leave, just like that?" He says, as I turned off the engine.

"I can't be here."

"Then why leave without saying goodbye!"

"Because Sweet Pea, I'm doing what is best for everyone. Leaving so no one else gets hurt!" I yelled back, hopping off my bike.

"What makes you think that leaving is the best option? Huh?" Sweet Pea yells, getting angry.

"Because, it's my fault! My fault that my mum died! My fault my brother died! Now, my dad is dead!" I yelled, my voice cracking at the end, "Who's next huh? Jughead? FP? You? I need to leave."

"No. You're not leaving." He says, and I scoff.

"I'd love to see you try and stop me."

"Give me one good reason why." Sweet Pea says, and I look at him.

"You don't know what it's like! To have your family be taken one by one until there is no one left! To have that constant voice in your head telling you it's your fault! I have no one! I have nothing left for me here!"

"You have me!" Sweet Pea yelled at me, "God, how could you say you don't have anyone. Your family is still here in Riverdale. You have the Serpents, even those Northsiders. You have me." He says, pushing a hair behind my ear and I stepped back.

"Please, Sweet Pea, I don't want to leave like this." I said, shaking my head and I see he was starting to tear up.

"Kali, I love you."

"I love you too. I'm doing this to protect you."

"Protect me? Protect me by leaving me? That's not protecting me or anyone you care about Kali!" He says, and I pushed him.

"Everything I do, is to protect the ones I love! But when I slip up, I can be dangerous! I can't be around anyone, I'm a danger to myself and others. You can't tell me what I'm doing right now is wrong, or stupid, because I'm protecting you as well." I said, and he looks down at me, flaying his arms around.

"You can't help what happened, Kali. It's not your fault. Don't make it seem like you killed your family, because you didn't. You may be protecting them, but they were protecting you and still are." He says, coming up to me, wiping my tears, "I love you Kali, and if you ever leave, that would hurt me even more."

"You can't say that Sweet Pea." I said, and he was close now.

"Kali, please."

"It was better then for me not to say anything." I said, shaking my head. I looked at him, and he has tears in his eyes.

"You leave Kali, I can't wait for you to come back. I love you, and I will do everything in my power to help you."

"It's not that simple Sweet Pea. I love you, you have to let me go."

"You can't tell me this is goodbye." He says, and I smiled sadly at him.

"You are my first love Sweets, and I thank you everything you've done for me. I'm never going to forget you and I sure as hell hope you don't forget me." I said, and he chuckles through his sadness.

"I could never forget you Kali Martinez." He says, and I had to control myself from crying again. I walked up to him, bringing him down to kiss him for the last time, crying into the kiss. I pulled away, and he had a tear down his cheek.

"I love you." I whispered out, before walking to my bike, sitting on it and starting the engine. Just before I drove off, I looked over to Sweet Pea, then driving off leaving Sweet Pea and Riverdale behind.

THE END

__________________________

A/N:

whoops, long time no see huh ? i know, i suck don't have to tell me twice. but i do have news as i mentioned earlier. stay tuned for the next update !