thirteen: overdose

Start from the beginning

"ray you- just take it! please." rosy begged yet the humble boy still refused as he shook his head. rosy was beginning to give up when ray asked, "how much is it?" which made the girl smirk.

"one thousand three hundred and seventy nine dollars." the girl said with a smile making ray's eyes widen even more. "holy shit!" the boy exclaimed. the two remained silent, thinking before rosy spoke again. "can i give it to the shop. like, since you don't wanna accept it, can i donate it to the shop?" rosy asked him. ray sighed before speaking, "i mean if you really wanna do that i can't stop you. but i'd rather you keep it for yourself." ray admitted making rosy smirk.

the girl stuck her hand out with the money in it once more and finally ray placed his hand on top of hers and accepted it with a grateful smile. the two exchanged a hug before ray slipped the money into his pocket as rosy opened the door. both ruben and fuckshit fell towards the floor as the door opened
making rosy raise her eyebrows. stevie just stood behind the two watching them as he tried not to laugh.

"shit, this ain't the backdoor? my bad." fuckshit said as he stood up making ray roll his eyes while rosy just laughed. meanwhile ruben just yelled, "you gave ray a thousand dollars!" before fuckshit shoved him with an annoyed face making ray scoff. "move n****," ray said as he shoved past the three and disappeared around the corner, presumably going to hide the stack of money.

rosy walked back towards the front of the shop where fourthgrade was sat, watching a skate video on the tv. the two refused to look at each other as rosy scrambled behind the glass display case, trying to make it seem like she was doing something and not just there to look at fourthgrade. "yo rosy, we boutta go across the street to get some food. you coming?" fuckshit asked, appearing around the corner with ray, ruben, and stevie behind him.

rosy placed a smile on her face as she nodded her head. "yea, i'm down." she said making fuckshit smirk before he turned his attention towards the quiet boy on the couch.

"yo fourthgrade, you coming?" he asked the boy who's eyes were resting on the camera that was placed on his lap. "um-" he began saying before he was cut off by fuckshit speaking again. "ight cool. let's go then, everyone get your boards." he said, not letting fourthgrade finish his sentence. yet the boy still got off the couch and grabbed his board while rosy awkwardly stood behind the case as her eyes fell open her broken board that was peaking out from under the couch.

the girl hoped she could just slip out the door without her board and no one would notice but when ruben yelled out, "yo rosy where's your board at?" she knew that wasn't gonna work. the girl rolled her eyes before she placed a fake smile on her face and turned towards the group of boys. "some asshole," she paused as her eyes fell upon fourthgrade who looked down in shame. "ran it over last night." she lied making fourthgrade quickly look up, thankful for the girls "white" lie.

"ah shit, you need a new one?" he asked making rosy nod her head. "i'll pay you back after we get back." rosy said making ray shake his head. "nah you don't gotta pay me. you gave me enough money to have the store stocked for at least another few months. you get as many boards as you want." the boy said as they crossed the street making a smile make it's way onto rosy's face.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

ROSY had already finished eating as she skated around the outdoor taco shop. meanwhile the boys were still eating as they watched the girl skate on ray's board with a vanilla ice cream in a cone in her hands. "i'll give you ten bucks if you land a kickflip without dropping the ice cream." ruben called out making rosy smirk.