thirteen: overdose

THIRTEEN: overdoselos angeles, 1990's trigger warning: drugs & overdosing

THIRTEEN: overdose
los angeles, 1990's
trigger warning:
drugs & overdosing

ROSY TURNED the knob of the shower until the cold water droplets were no longer falling towards her exposed body. she could hear all the boys talking loudly outside the door as she climbed out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her body.

she quickly changed into new, clean clothes before turning on the sink faucet and letting the cold water run. she wet her face, enough to send shivers down her spine before cupping her hands and attempted to drink the water that was slipping through the crevasses of her palms. when she was done she began brushing through her long dark hair as she listened to all the boys outside the bathroom door.

she hadn't seen fourthgrade since the night everything went down so she wasn't exactly looking forward to walking outside and seeing him. she couldn't hear his voice or his laughter though which made her assume he wasn't here. but as she threw the bathroom door open and walked towards the front of the shop she was surprised to lock eyes with him. he quickly looked away with guilt written all over his face which made rosy also look away.

"rosyyy!" ray yelled as he dragged out the y making a small smile reach rosy's lips. "can i talk to you?" rosy muttered in his ear making the smile disappear from his face as everyone else fell silent. fourthgrade felt his heart began to rapidly increase as ray followed the girl towards the bathroom. rosy closed the door behind them and made sure to lock it
before she walked over to the sink.

"what are you doing? you good?" he asked the girl who didn't answer him and simply continued to rummage through the cabinet under the sink. suddenly she stood back up and walked towards the boy. he watched as a small smile made it's way across her face as she stuck her hand out, a wad of money placed protectively in her hands.

ray's mouth fell open at the amount of money as he looked at it, at a loss of words. "it's yours. i mean, i-i want you to have it. for letting me stay here and for just always being there. thank you." rosy said as she tried to place the money in the boy's hands. ray refused as he backed up with raised arms. "rosy, where'd you get that? you didn't like kill any one right?" he asked making the girl laugh.

"no, no! my dad he gave it to me before he left but i don't need it or want it. i want you to have it." she said as she tried to stick the money out towards him again. ray still refused to accept the money though which made rosy sigh.

"ray, please take it." rosy begged as she kept her hand raised out towards him. "nah rosy. you need it more and your dad gave it to you, not me. keep it. trust me i want you to have it." he said making the girl shake her head.