one: new board

ONE: new boardlos angeles, 1990's trigger warning: physical & mental abuse

ONE: new board
los angeles, 1990's
trigger warning: physical
& mental abuse

ADRIANA WOKE UP to the sound of her mother's boyfriend, frank, pounding on her bedroom door as he struggled to push it open while the dresser blocked it. "adriana move this fucking dresser now! why the fuck does it smell like weed?" he yelled eyeing adriana through the slight crack he was making in the door.

in response adriana just flipped him off before rolling over in her bed. she heard him struggle to push the dresser, that was actually filled with rocks, open for about ten more minutes before he gave up and went speed walking down the hallway.

she knew he was going to go get something or someone to help him open the door so she toke this as her opportunity to slide her backpack out from under her bed and throw it on the roof she had jumped onto last night.

just as she had managed to reach for her board and drag it out from under her bed, her bedroom door was kicked open and her dresser was sent flying to the floor as rocks spewed out of it. "what the fuck!" adriana shrieked as frank struggled to grab the skateboard from her hands. it seemed the two were having a game of tug a war as they each struggled to get the board from one another.

eventually frank had managed to get the board by kicking adriana to the ground with his foot. he then turned and stomped out her bedroom, board in hands, and slammed her door just for it to swing back open.

adriana quickly slid her dirty shoes on and threw a sweatshirt over herself before running out her bedroom. "what the fuck are you doing?" adriana yelled as she sprinted down the hallway towards her board.

frank stood with her board in his hands and toke one look at adriana in disgust before grabbing the board and slamming it on the outside stair railing.

"no!" adriana yelled from the middle of the hallway as she watched the board snap in half, one piece remained in frank's hands as the other piece went flying down to the first floor.

adriana felt her blood boil as she screamed out, "you fucking asshole!" frank turned back towards adriana with even more anger in his eyes. "what the fuck did you just say to me you little whore!" he yelled as he ran towards her.

adriana stood her ground as he towered over her, "i called you a fucking asshole." adriana said through gritted teeth. before adriana could say anything else she fell to the ground as frank's hand came in contact with her cheek. adriana looked at frank while holding onto her cheek, tears brimming in her eyes. it wasn't the first time he had hit her but it still hurt like a bitch.