Chapter 2- Ship to Shipwreck

(yeah, so all the chapters are relatively short, and they get dumber and dumber as this story goes on... I really didn't know what I was trying to write, because this was back when I got writer's block A LOT, and I don't get it that often anymore, I just forget to write on what I've already written.)

(Anyways, enough of me! It's time for the MAIN SHOW!)

The loud steam engine of the huge boat whistled like a train as it got ready to cast off. "Her name is the S.S. Constantine," I said to Andr, who was hesitant to board the ship. "And she's the best ship I've ever seen." Andr reluctantly boarded the ship, and after boarding she went straight to the cabins. For whatever reason, Andr hates anything having to do with water, or large bodies of water. Once everyone was aboard, I waved to my younger sister, Crystal, who was standing on the docks watching. She waved back, and with a loud TOOT!, the ship was off. I went up to the wheelhouse, where the navigator, Rocket, and the Helmsman, Bella, were working to steer the ship in the direction of our course. "Rocket, report. What's the direction we need to head in to reach the island?" I asked as soon as I got into the room. Rocket beckoned me over to the navigational chart, which was a huge, yet empty, map. He had drawn a star, an X, and a dotted line going from the star to the X. "We started here," he said, pointing at the star. "We need to go directly southeast If we want to reach our destination, which is here." he traced the dotted line with his finger until it finished at the X. "We should be there in...er...several hours." Rocket said, scratching his head. "Alright." I said, stretching. "I'm going to take a nap in my cabin. Do not disturb me." With a turn, I exited the room and entered the cabins.

...

About 2 hours later I woke up to the sound of pounding rain and yelling crewmen. I quickly slipped on a poncho and rushed up to the main deck. "The storm's getting strong!" Rocket shouted from the wheelhouse. "We gotta use buckets and get the water off this boat!" I grabbed a bucket, and soon, a whole assembly line started of handing buckets down. I was second to last, and I handed the guy next to me a bucket full of water. He dumped it over the edge and turned to hand the bucket back at me.

I was the only one to witness his horrible fate.

A long, suction cupped, red-orange tentacle slowly crawled its way out of the water, and arced itself, pointed towards the man next to me like a scorpion's tail. He was still expecting me to take the bucket when I yelled, "LOOK OUT!"

The tentacle shot forward, grabbed the man with a shriek, and shot back into the water, leaving ripples and eddies in its wake.

The man was dead.

"KRAKEN!" a sailor shouted, pointing towards the front side of the ship. A huge, harpoon-shaped squid head rose out of the water, and following it, were eight long, waving, deadly tentacles. "Holy shit, he's big!" Shouted a young sailor, who I think is named Jimmy. "He's not even half submerged yet!" I shouted back. The Kraken turned its head so that one of its big, glowing red eyes could look at us. I was standing closest to the bow of the ship when its eye cast a glow that struck fear into all of the hearts of the soldiers.

Except mine.

I stared straight into the Kraken's eye. It was eyeballing the other sailors, but the minute it saw me his gaze focused. I could feel his searching black pupil staring straight into my soul. I stared back into his soul too. And what I found exactly what I thought.

The Kraken was a monster. He loved chaos. He thirsted for battle. He hungered for carnage, for blood, and even more- he hungered for human flesh.

"Ranger! Get down!" I heard someone shout. I turned around, breaking the stare with the Kraken. Rocket was hefting a harpoon like a javelin spear. "DUCK!" he shouted, and when I ducked he threw the harpoon straight into the Kraken's eye.

SSSSSCRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHH!!!!
An ear splitting scream echoed from the Kraken as the Harpoon dug deep into his eye, causing blue, iridescent blood to drip from the wound. The tentacles went into a frenzy. They started smashing and grabbing and throwing at everything in their way. Rocket ran up to me with some rope. "We gotta make him turn all the way around!" he said, tying the rope around the Harpoon's handle hook-loop. "If he turns his mouth towards us, we can get a clear shot at his weak spot!" I was confused as I helped him with the rope. "What?" I asked in confusion. "We have a mortar," Rocket explained. "If we get a clear shot at his mouth, he'll swallow the bomb, and kapooyah! The beast will be slain!" Without warning, he yanked rope, pulling the harpoon and the eye out of the socket. Iridescent blue goop poured out from the gaping hole, and The Kraken started moving. "He's turning around! Man the mortar!" Rocket shouted, and I stepped up to the edge of the bow to see. Sure enough, a huge, circular mouth lined with layers upon layers of razor sharp teeth. The tentacles waved, looking for a target. The mouth opened all the way, letting seawater and other various creatures pour in. I saw an unfortunate drowning sailor and a huge shark go in with the mix. "Fire!" I shouted. BANG! The mortar fired, sending the explosive ball flying high into the air, and arcing like a rainbow before falling into the abyssal horror of the Kraken's mouth. I watched as the bomb slowly, but surely, rolled its way into the Kraken's innermost mouth-hole.

Then the whole thing exploded.

Squid flesh and Blue glowing blood flew everywhere, drenching the remaining onboard crew. I held up the harpoon with the Impaled Kraken eye, which was still dripping with blue blood.

"Proof," I said.

"We killed the Kraken."

...

After the Kraken was killed, Rocket and I met back up in the wheelhouse. "That was pretty heroic, what you did there, Rocket." Bella said, eyeing the Kraken's now dried up eye. "Thanks, Bella." Rocket said, blushing. "How close are we to the island?" I said, trying to break the obvious romantic exchange between Rocket and Bella. "We should be nearing it by now." Rocket said. "The storm is clearing!" I heard Jimmy shout from the deck. "It's clearing!" I quickly threw my poncho off and ran to the deck. "There's some fog coming in, though." Jimmy said. As if summoned by its name, huge clouds of fog rolled in, covering the ship. "Rocket!" I yelled. "I'll climb up to the crow's nest and alert you if I see something!" I climbed up the rope ladder that was bound to the mast of the ship. I reached the crow's nest. It was exactly how it sounded; a small half-barrel shape stuck onto the top of the mast. I heard some weird crying noises. I looked around, and found a juvenile parrot lying on the floor. "You okay, little guy?" I asked him. He looked up at me, and I could see bursts of color in his feathers, but mostly red. "Scraw! Scraw!" he squawked, an on closer examination I could see his left wing was broken. "Come on, little guy, you're gonna be fine. I let him hop onto my arm, and then he inched his way up onto my shoulder. "I'll get your wing fixed up as soon as we get onto the island." I comforted him. I looked up, and surveyed the fog just long enough to see huge, rocky cliffs loom out of the clouds in front of the ship. "THERE'S A BIG CLIFF!! THERE'S A BIG CLIFF UP AHEAD!" I shouted, and Rocket must've heard me, because suddenly, the ship jerked to the right to avoid the rocks. It barely missed the rocks, because the back half of the ship's right side scraped the rocks, nearly sending Me and the parrot off the crow's nest.