"Listen here Murdock, you owe me you sonofa bitch." Pete spits, leaning across Karen's tall frame.

"Okay, that's enough." I proclaim loudly. Pulling away from Foggy and pushing my way past Matt I take center stage. Hands placed strongly on my hips, I bring my attention to Matt and Foggy. Fear covers Foggy's face while Matt has the remnants of a smirk fading slowly from his.

"Okay assholes, Mr. Castiglione has every right to representation; regardless of what he's done. It our jobs you idiots. So-"

"Charlie, that's not Pete Castiglione." Foggy inserts rushing forward.

"What do you mean Fogger?"

"That's Frank Castle."

*******************************************************

The dull orange hue of the sky decorates the city as if Vincent van Gogh had painted the scene himself. A chilling breeze pushes loose leaves and trash gingerly along the pavement. The city buzzes with activity, truly being a city that never sleeps. Tall, frightening shadows from the towering skyscrapers litter the streets. The sweet smell of cinnamon mixes with the fresher smelling air. Matt's lean arm brushes tenderly against my shoulder, sending goosebumps to attack my skin. Glancing over quickly, his head was already turned towards my direction. It feels like he's looking right at me.

"So, Matt?"

"Hm?" We step simultaneously down the stoop and onto the connecting sidewalk. The rhythmic tapping of his white cane helps us keep our pace. Offering his arm, I slip mine into his and we continue our journey elbows linked.

After finding out Pete was actually Frank, I think I handled the situation well. I only threw one chair, and the string of fowl words weren't all that awful. Foggy did have to hold me back while Karen rushed Frank from the room. Anger wasn't my first reaction, which is a surprise. My first reaction was fear, because I had no idea who this guy was. Why would he lie about his name? Why did he act like James Bond? How did he know my best friend, and his friends? He saved my life which is something I'll forever be thankful for, but he also put my life at risk. Something tells me those bullets weren't meant for me. Before anymore damage could be done to the office, Matt had offered to escort me home.

"This Castle guy... What exactly went down with him? I tried doing some research on him while you guys were out and nothing popped up."

Matt stays quiet a while as I fully embrace the scenery. New York has always been on my list of favorite places, and I've done a little travelling in my college days. No matter where I went, I always compared every place to New York. Comparing the lack of buildings, the different smells and people. The way birds sang their song's never matched, which made me crave the big city even more. Picture an old movie set in New York, what do you see? Old ladies yelling from fire escapes, men walking around in business suits holding leather brief cases. It's still the same. Being in Hells Kitchen is like taking a step back in time, minus the raging homophobia.

Matt moves quickly around a broken bottle before answering. His voice is even and calm, not giving a hint of any of the previous tension. "Frank Castle is an old client, who has done some pretty horrific stuff. We all thought he was dead, that is of course until Karen told us otherwise. Charlie, please just leave this to me and Foggy."

"Well, ya see Matthew, I just can't do that." I sass, pulling his body closer to mine so a pedestrian can pass. We stay close for a few more feet before he pulls away slowly, his warmth going with him. The city's street lights are popping on randomly while the sun retreats behind the buildings. Still another hour until full sunset, yet here in Hells Kitchen night comes early.

"Heh, oh and why not?" Matt's chuckle was enough to send joy through my whole body. It was airy and free. Not loud in any sense, but the perfect pitch and volume for those close to hear. The reaction came right from his chest, the movement of the area visible. A soft smile lit up his face before he turns toward me with an eyebrow raised.

"Because Matt, this isn't something someone can just let go. You said it yourself 'everyone deserves representation'. Regardless of what this lumberjack looking James Bond-"

"Lumberjack looking James Bond?"

"Don't interrupt Matthew. But yeah, lumberjack looking James Bond. Regardless of what he's done, if he needs us then we have to help. If you or Foggy won't help him, then I will."

We reach a crosswalk and our own personal silence blocks out the noisy world. The sidewalk fills with people, pushing our bodies into one another. His sweet scent is intoxicating and I can't help but smile at the moment. Glancing through hooded lids, I can see a similar smile playing on his own lips. Matt rolls his lips together, a look of deep thought flashing across his features. A set of white teeth appear while he smiles.

"You know, Foggy never mentioned you being so stubborn."

"I'm not surprised," I laugh "Foggy has always been quiet when it comes to my personality. He likes to call it 'over-powering' or 'intimidating' whatever that means." The little man turns green, giving us the go to cross the street. Tugging slightly, Matt and I continue our walk. The crowd thins pretty quickly, leaving the two of us to enjoy the walk alone.

"Eh, intimidating is a bit much. Foggy can be over-dramatic."

"Matt, you're avoiding the subject."

Our steady pace slows to a stop and Matt turns to look at me. His face doesn't give a hint as to what he's thinking. Pulling my bottom lip between my teeth, I wait for an answer. The city around us continues to darken and the streets are now coming to life with the night crowd. Another chilling breeze creeps into my bones as the temperature continues to drop. Gripping my coat tightly against my chest, I shift back and forth on my feet in annoyance.

"Charlie... why don't we talk about this tomorrow? I'll come get you tomorrow morning for breakfast."

"Yeah, I suppose Matt." I grumble, and start walking away. Matt jogs a little to catch up, and links his arm through mine again.

"Whoa whoa, slow down. I did say I would walk you home."

***********************************************************************************************

The rest of the walk home was awkward but oddly comfortable. Knowing that Matt and Foggy were that against helping this Frank guy was awful. Every one deserves representation, it's in the defense attorney handbook. As if sensing my attitude toward the situation, Matt didn't try and continue to make small talk. Thoughts continued to pool even after we had reached my apartment. Matt had wished me a quick goodnight, and I went in as quick as possible. Even walking up the stoop, or when behind the door I felt Matt's focus on me.

My heels hit the wall loudly as I kicked them off. The soft patter of bare feet against the wood floor fills the apartment. While walking down the hallway, I unzip my dress letting it fall slowly. Stepping over the fabric, my foot fall continues quietly until I reach the bathroom. The light blue room is a welcomed and refreshing sight. Stepping in smoothly, I reach right over to the hot water tap of the shower. Once the steam starts to pool from above the curtain, the bra and underwear come off. Checking over my body, small bruises have begun to appear from the events of the day. Stepping into the hot water, a moan of pure ecstasy escapes. The burning water feels so therapeutic and heavenly.

The bathroom door opens slowly, a loud creak following suit. My heart jumps into my throat, a scream building. A large dark shadow casts over the shower curtain, making goosebumps kiss my skin. Hard footsteps echo across the tiled floor, the steps themselves sounding as if they came from combat boots. Grabbing the small razor from the soap holder, I hold it out ready to use as a weapon. Gulping loudly, I move slightly to the edge of the tub. Grabbing the curtain between two fingers I breathe out before getting interrupted.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Charlotte."

Ripping the curtain back, standing there is a familiar face.

"What the fuck are you doing in my HOUSE?"