Chapter six

Finally!!! Damn. Anyways this is dedicated to the coolest person ever ^_^ Check out their profile sometime :)

WARNING: NOT EDITED

***Rayne's POV***

"Shut up!" I shouted embarrassed out of my mind. Darren was bent at the waist with tears forming in his eyes laughing his ass off. I crossed my arms and stared at him pointedly. He gasped a bit holding up his finger trying to compose himself. He straightened up and looked at me with a blank face.

"So... Shall we-- pfffft!" He burst out laughing again! I watched as his cheeks grow rosy with glee and I couldn't help thinking that he looked, uh, well, kinda handsome when he smiled like that...though thinking of the reason of why he was in this state left me instantly chagrined. Fuck this douchebag...

"Darren!" I growled and he weakly wiped his eyes breathing hard. He looked at me sheepishly and shrugged.

"Sorry. It's just that I've never heard a...guy scream like that," he smirked then look up with wide eyes and held his hands up waving them around while he mocked me, "help me, please, please, I don't wanna die..." He laughed as he made sure his death trap was secured on the curb where he park the beast before walking off, jerking his head at me to follow him. I reluctantly followed him taking in my surroundings.

We were on the corner of Smith Avenue where tucked in at the end of the block was what looked like a night club. Big purple neon lights spelled out its name: PULSE. I eyed the long line trailing after the entrance of the of the building, its occupants were wearing really skimpy, provocative, clothes. I looked down at my jeans and tee and fidgeted at bit. Darren chuckled a bit more and then headed out toward the line.

"Why are we here?" I whined a bit not wanting to spend the next hour in a half waiting in the stupid line. Darren shook his head for me to be quiet and grabbed the hem of my shirt to pull me along to the front where the bouncer was letting people in. He was a traditional big burly man that one would suspect to be the security of a club and he was wearing sunglasses...at night. Yeah, he's cool. He looked toward me and frowned but when he saw Darren a big smile broke across his face.

"My man," he laughed and shook Darren's hand and brought him in a man hug. Darren smiled and held up his fingers.

"Two, Cal," he simply said and "Cal" eagerly let us both pass to the dark, muggy dance floor inside. It was jammed packed and it smelled like sweat though there was something else thick in the air but I didn't recognize it. Looking around, the fluorescent lights changed from red, to green, to blue, violet and so on. The people dancing were practically having sex with their close on! Across the way, there were the bright lights of a bar and Darren pulled me over there.

"I'm gonna die here," I muttered under my breath worriedly. I needed to stay alive so I could father Amber's children! Men were leering at me as I passed but Darren must've noticed because he pulled me to his side letting the others know that I was with him. Although I didn't like him touching me, I suppose I could have made this one exception, it did get the guys to turn away. Once we reached the bar we both sat down on the stools.

Within seconds he had a drink in front of him. The bartender winked and said in a seductive voice, "on the house, cutie." Darren smiled at her and lifted the glass in a thankful salute. The woman purse her lips and blew an affectionate kiss at him. I sighed and looked at him irritably.

"Come here often?" I said in a falsetto girly tone.

"Yeah, you could say that," he grinned as he took a swig his blue eyes nearly glowing in the dark room as they scanned the perimeter. I frowned.

"You brought me here at this ungodly hour to just have a drink?" I rubbed my hand over my face. "We have school tomorrow!"

"Ah, you whine too much," he said and he set the empty glass down. "What you need," he whistled and the bartender came over quickly "is a drink while we wait." Her eyes batted playfully as she flipped a lock of her brown hair over her shoulder.