Chapter Two

Sorry if it's short! But I figured I should update for the people that actually read this :P

Warning! Not edited!

***Rayne's POV***

The next day I walked down the hall as if an assassin were tracking me. Clutching my back pack strap in a tight fist, I wandered down the hall eyes focused on anything suspicious activity. I jumped when I heard a locker slam next to me. I turned quickly to see this asian girl stare at me in confusion and I just smiled timidly as I quickened my pace to class.

Darren Chambers kissed me! He fucking kissed the shit out of me! His lips were on mine! He was gay! He--

"Hey Rayne--"

"Ahhh!!" I yelped and crashed into a door that opened just as I looked over my shoulder causing me to fall on my ass. Jamie stared down at me with wide eyes as he blinked owlishly at me. I muttered curses under my breath as I made my way to my feet painfully.

"Dude, what's with you lately? First you bolted yesterday like that crazy ass guy from Texas chainsaw put you on his death list, now you're all running into shit. What's up man?" He asked as we walked up to home room.

"I have no idea..." I mumbled in confusion myself.

***lunch time***

"I hate Mr. Adams," Amber groaned as she dropped her head in her hands resting them on the lunch table. Her golden locks spilled over her slender shoulders. I placed my arm around her and gave her a little shake ignoring the tiny jitter in my stomach at such closeness.

"Well, maybe if you did the work you wouldn't have an F," Jamie said slowly as if talking to a three year old and Amber peered up at me with those baby blues and I immediately took the bait. I kicked Jamie sharply in his shin while he was taking a sip of his strawberry kiwi Snapple making him sputter. I held in my laughter and started eating sighing quietly in content when she daintily rested her head on my shoulder. This was the life.

Jamie threw me a glare and I merely shrugged. Jamie and Amber didn't get along at all. I think he tolerated her because of me. Amber was...umm...what's another word for...uhh.. Well in Jamie's words she was a complete dumbass. His words not mine!

I mean sure she was beautiful and smart and kind she jut didn't, uh, excell in academics. Quite frankly, I don't know how she made it to the twelfth grade but it didn't matter. I would take care of her and our three kids in the future.

Is it weird that I think that far ahead?

Abruptly the room grew deadly silent, all the chatter of the students cut short. I looked up to see Darren standing at the foot of our table and the room's occupants were staring in a mixture of expressions whether it be horror, curiosity or eagerness hoping for a fight to ensue.

"Hey, you," he tilted his head his head toward me. "Walk with me." And with that he simply walked away as if he was sure I would follow. I gulped and rose from my feet to start after him. No one refused Darren unless, you know, you didn't like all your teeth in your mouth and stuff.

We came to a stop just outside the cafeteria in the parking lot. He turned to face me and gave me a devilish smirk. His black hair was tousled as if he just rolled out of bed and his electric blue eyes were dancing with amusement. Today he was wearing a Rise Against t-shirt with red skinny jeans. His presence only seemed to fuel my hatred for the prick.

"What do you want from me?" I managed to ask in a hard voice. Darren merely chuckled.

"Awww, what's wrong, I didn't take your lipginity did I?" He cooed in a mocking voice. I blush invaded the surface of my skin as he managed to hit the nail on the head. What? I was saving my first kiss for Amber! And he ruined it!

"Listen, faggot--" I started but was interrupted given how his fist was clenched in my shirt his playful expression turned deadly serious. His face was so close to mine I found my eyes almost crossing.

"I fucking dare you to call me that again," he snarled. "I don't do labels. Please have the balls to say it again so I can have a reason to beat the living shit out of you."

I grew panicked. "What do you want from me?!" I choked out in close hysteria. Why was I getting so much attention from him lately? We never talked before! He suddenly let go of my shirt and backed up a couple of steps, that easy smile back on his face. Was this dude bipolar?!

"Be my boyfriend."

Wait...WHAT??!!

**********************************************************************************************************

You know what to do lovelies! The sooner you comment the faster I update! What do you think of Darren? Rayne? And for those who read Darkest Touch, I'm off to go update it now and hopefully make a longer chappie! Bye!