𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. FALSE ACCUSATIONS

Start from the beginning

We stumbled down to Sirius, who now lay on the edge of the lake now. "Sirius!" Harry cried as we kneeled down next to him.

As I breathed out I notice that I could see my breath. A chill took over me, making goose bumps rise up on my arms. The water on the edge of the lake was becoming iced over. Then they appeared, revealing themselves from their hiding place in the trees. Dementors.

Harry raised his wand and tried to cast a patronus. "Expecto..." He trailed off, shivering. There were too many of them.

I tried to cast one. I pointed my wand at them.

Draco and I laughing.
Draco and I fighting.

Draco and I hugging.
Draco and Pansy hugging.

Draco and I in Hogsmeade.
Noah and I in Hogsmeade.

Harry and I meeting.
My parents dying.

Spending time with the Weasleys.
Ron ignoring me.

Every time I tried to think of something that made me happy, another horrible thought followed it. "Expecto Patronum..." I muttered. A flicker of a silver light came form my wand, then dispersed.

My eyelids fluttered shut for a moment, but I forced them to open again. The dementors were coming closer. I heard Sirius gasp and I looked over to him. A silvery light was rising from his mouth, as if his own soul was leaving him...

I had to squint then, because a bright light appeared from the other side of the lake. A silvery, large, stag started sprinting to the dementors.

Following it slithered a bright snake. Together they began to attack, and I finally felt a warmth come over me. The snake was familiar, but I was too light headed to think of what it connected to.

The stag and the snake attacked until the dementors flew the scene. The drifted away, hopefully far enough that I wouldn't have another encounter with them any time soon.

The stag and the snake retreated slowly, and faded until they disappeared altogether. My eyelids grew heavy again, except this time, I left them close.

Harry fell to the ground next to me. "We're okay..." I heard him say quietly.

I nodded, then everything slowly faded and went black.

I blinked a few times before opening my eyes fully. I heard hushed voices whispering. I closed my eyes again, pretending to sleep, but listening closely.

"Shocking business, shocking... miracle none of them died! It was lucky you were there, Snape."

I resisted the urge to open my eyes just to roll them.

"Thank you, Minister." I hear Snape say. So the first voice must belong to the Minister. Why the bloody hell is he here?

"Order of Merlin, Second Class, I'd say. First Class, if I can wrangle it!"

"Thank you very much, Minister."

"Nasty cut you've got there, Black, I suppose?"

"As a matter of fact, it was the Potters, Granger, and Weasley."

That grease ball!

"No!"

"Black bewitched them, I saw it immediately. A Confundus Charm, to judge by their behavior. They seemed to think Black was innocent. They weren't responsible for their actions."

At least he's defending us.

"On the other hand, their interference might've let Black escape. They obviously thought they could catch Black single-handedly. They've got away with a great deal before now... I'm afraid it's given them a rather high opinion of themselves... and of course the Potters has always been allowed an extraordinary amount of license by the headmaster-"