Chapter 2.

Harry, the newfound name for what was formerly ‘tattooed man’ to me, looked at me perplexedly before grinning at me.

“Hmm, Alaska, that’s different,” he says in thought.

“That’s the point.”

“Huh?” He asked, confused at my vague answer.

“Never mind,” I shook my head to myself, “did you come back for another drink or something?” I asked, wanting to get to the point as to why he was here.

“Oh, no I’m fine. I wanted to come back and apologise for the way they all treated you back there, I’m embarrassed that I had to be around them.” Harry replied, sounding surprisingly sincere.

“Why were you then?” I asked, the question from earlier still weighing on my mind.

“With them?” He clarified, receiving a nod from me in reply to his question.

“Business partners unfortunately – my team sealed a deal with their team, and I was one of the unfortunate ones who got stuck celebrating with them. If it’s any consolation I had a dreadful time.” Harry said, exaggerating the dreadful.

I chuckled at his expression, his eyes rolling in the back of his head while he pulled a disgusted face, making me wonder what my face looks like right now, probably a tomato.

“Oh come on, it couldn’t have been that bad.” I chuckled as I began making the second cocktail from earlier.

“Okay, you go sit down with a bunch of middle aged males and listen to them talk about booze, money, and women they’ve probably made up in their head, then come tell me how much you enjoyed it.”

“Well no one was making you stay there, you could have left.”

“I know, which is why I’m here with you.”

“I was under the impression you came here to apologise, which you’ve done, sooo…” I said, only realising how rude it sounded once it came out of my mouth.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of my earlier mentioned ability to be awkward and say the wrong things.  Shit.

“Well you sure know how to wound a man’s pride, Alaska.” Harry said through a smirk

I laughed and flicked my hair out of my face, my bangs starting to block my vision and irritate me.

“No, it’s not like that. It’s just I’m on shift, and I can’t stand around talking to you when I’m meant to be serving people, sorry.” I shrugged.

“Well you can talk to me over dinner.” Harry said, leaning a little bit further over the bar to me.

“Oh no, I don’t do dates.” I laughed, trying not to offend his generous offer.

I was more than flattered that this incredibly handsome, yet mysteriously intriguing man wants to willingly spend time with me, but I simply don’t date. I don’t have the time for someone to have such an important spot in my life, even thinking about it scares me.

“It’s not a date then, it’s just two friends having dinner.” Harry said, not fazed by my immediate rejection of the idea.

“We’re not friends, and dinner isn’t for friends, lunch is for friends, afternoon tea is for friends, dinner is for lovers. Not happening.” I explained while wiping down the bar, secretly wishing this conversation would be over with sooner rather than later.

“Great, lunch it is then, what day suits you best?” Harry pressed.

“Why are you so persistent?” I sighed.