Chapter Forty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Jesus Christ," the boy says, immediately lifting his hands to cover his face and turning his back to Blaise. "Sorry. I didn't know you were here."

The darker Slytherin is confused. Out of all the times he's wandered the Wing, this is the first time he bumps into these two boys? When he's naked?

"It's alright," Blaise says slowly. "I still have my pants on."

The boy turns and immediately smacks a hand over his eyes and nods to himself. "Forgot you have a different word for pants."

"I'm decent," Blaise laughs despite the situation. "Everything that needs to be covered is out of your eye."

"Right. Sorry, again. I didn't know you were in here. I just came to wash up. Jo told me the bathroom was clear."

"Jo?"

The boy lets his hand drop from his face but he does a very good job of keeping his eyes trained on Blaise's face. "My brother. I don't know if you met him."

"He told me his name was Ricky."

The boy rolls his eyes. "Of course he did."

"Is that not his name?"

"No," the boy says irritatedly. "His name is Jiovanni. I call him Jo. I'm Xabros," he nods with his lips pressed, as if he's embarrassed about what he's about to say. "And my brother calls me Xa."

"Creative," Blaise mumbles, trying not to snort.

"Our mom liked to think she was."

"Why did your brother fake his name?"

Xabros sniggers. "Because he thinks his name is not his style. I'm not any better, either, but at least I don't care about trivial things like that."

"I'm sorry," Blaise says suddenly. "Were you going to shower? I was going to have a bath but I can leave?"

"Oh, no," Xabros looks horrified at the mere suggestion. "Please, stay. Have your bath. I interrupted you. No, stay. I'll leave."

"Wait," Blaise calls, his cheeks heating up when Xabros turns with raised brows. "If you want to have a bath, I don't mind sharing."

The boy's brows disappear into his headline. "Uh, look, man, I just met you..."

"Oh, Merlin, no! No," Blaise shakes his head. "That's not...what I meant. No. I just. This is the first time I'm meeting you, and not to be rude but your brother was rather...obscene."

"He tends to be," Xabros winces. "Sorry about him, if he came off a little crude."

"It's alright," Blaise brushes it off. "So?"

Xabros shrugs. "Don't see why not."

Blaise looks away when the boy undresses in front of him, and he takes his wand, swishing it to close all the knobs and the faucets so the water stops flowing. He waits until he hears the other boy submerge himself into the water that he does so as well.

"Before anything else," Xabros begins, looking him dead in the eye. "I just want you to know that whatever you've heard of us, anything you've read, I hope it doesn't sway your opinion of us. I mean, I know Jo gave you a terrible first impression, but he just has terrible social skills."

A laugh bubbles out of Blaise and he tries to hide it behind the mountains of bubbles around him. "I assure you, I make my own assumptions."

"Good," Xabros grins. "Now, go."

"Excuse me?"

"You have questions. I can see it on your face. Almost everyone always has questions."