◆36◆ Snowdrop

Dabi pressed his hands against head as he screamed out in rage as he let his fire burn and spread, trying to cremate everything. He was very angry because he watched his own mother protect the one person who drove him to this road, the one person whose selfishness caused the whole family to collapse! Why? Why was she protecting the one man who hurt her? Why was she protecting the one man who destroyed everything? Why was she protecting him but not the son they have both stayed quiet about?

Todoroki pushed his father away with a weak force and he looked at the back of his own mother, "Mom...?" 'Did Mom follow me here?' 

Rei had one eye closed while the other stayed opened. She couldn't see Dabi, but she could have sworn he had just called her 'Mother'. "Touya...?" 

The intensity of the heat grew greater and greater, steel were melting, the ground they stood on were starting to steam up, and the temperature was scorching if it weren't for Rei's ice quirk. 

"Why?! Why would you do this to me?!" The usually calm and collected Dabi was crying out in blind despair and great hatred because the thorns he thought were cremated in the back of his head had finally entangled him that all he could see was red. "How dare you do this to me...!" It was unforgivable! He's trying to create a society where heroes like Endeavor will never hurt others like his own mother but then his own mother went and protect him. 

"I can't stand looking at him, Mother. Looking at his red hair and his eyes...he reminds me of Enji...! I'm so scared!" 

Dabi dragged himself along with the thorns that lurked deep within the darkness of his heart. He just remembered how his own mother couldn't even look at her own son. Ah, yes...his own mother feared him because she saw Endeavor in him. Why did he remember this memory now? He's too nice to even think about creating a world where his own mother wouldn't be hurt...wouldn't it be much easier to put his own mother out of her misery? The pain will finally end, the thorns will finally disappear and leave behind a sea of blue, right?

"MOM!" Todoroki came to her aid and he pushed her out of the way when Dabi blasted blue flames at her, wanting to make her into his kindling. "Dabi...!!!" It was his own willpower and adrenaline pushing him forward. Todoroki was not about to let Dabi kill his Mom! 

Rei shook her head, "No! Stop! Ahh...!" She fell to her knees because her body was starting to freeze up. She had tried too hard to stop the fire from killing Endeavor and Todoroki. Her own vision was started to blur. 

"Rei!" 

'Whose voice is calling me...?' Rei wondered as she fell to the heated ground that was broken due to the destruction from all direction. It was so noisy, she could hear fighting from all over the city. When did it become so noisy? Everything was so peaceful before.

"Take Mom and get her out of here!" Todoroki shouted at his Dad, "I'll hold him off!" 

"Shouto...!" His Dad had no choice but to carry Rei.

Seeing Endeavor protecting Rei and carrying her away from the hellish destruction made Dabi even more angry. The Endeavor he suffered under didn't know how to rescue people! He doesn't want to see him being now because everything was too late! "GET LOST!!!" 

Todoroki got in his way and he was adamant about keeping Dabi here! "I won't let you hurt my Mom!" 

The two of them fought one another with their Quirks. It was a battle in which fate brought them together right here right now to see who will be the last one to stand. Will Dabi be the one to set everything ablaze and walk away as the victor? Or will Todoroki be able to protect his family and this city from further destruction?