The Ghastly Murders on Whitechapel Street

Start from the beginning

"It's a huge house for one person."

"Well, it pays to be a Field Marshall for her highness." He poured them both a warm cup of tea and placed a jar of sugar cubes in front of her.

She took a sip out of the tea and savored the taste. "Is this Chamomile?", she exclaimed.

"Why yes, only the finest cuppa out there."

Theophelia took another sip from her tea and thought of a way to get back to her time.

"Do you know anybody that we could consult about time traveling?" she asked shyly. Alastor put a hand on his chin. 

"I sure am no scientist but, I do know a chap. His name is Combt  de San German, a renowned philosopher and scientist. He was always a bag o' mystery" he was cut off by Theophelia standing from her stool gleaming with hope. "Maybe we could ask him, he might know how to take me back."

"Sadly, he's already grinning at the Daisy Roots." Alastor's tone suddenly dropped. 

"What do you mean by grinning at the roots?" Theophelia asked raising a brow. "Ah, silly me. He's dead" he said, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Theophelia's eyes were starting to get glossy. 

"Settle down now, I'm sure we'll think of something."

Their attentions were turned by the sound of the doorbell at Alastor's front door. "Who could that be, I'm not expecting anyone for the day." He stood up and lifted a hand towards Theophelia, signaling her to stay where she is. Alastor walked towards his front porch and opened the door.

"He- ", the greeting was cut short as Alastor slammed the door into the intruders face. He opened the door again. "-llo" and slammed it yet again. He knew this guest wasn't leaving anytime soon and finally opened the door to welcome the guest."

"May I speak now."

Theophelia was wondering why Alastor kept shutting the door. She hid deeper in the kitchen so she wouldn't be found. "How long am I going to be stuck here, days, weeks, months, her eyes grew wide, forever? Chesnutt, my baby, who's going to feed my baby?"

She paced around the room and knocked a pile of papers to the ground. Picking up the pieces of fallen papers, she noticed they were news article about a scientist named Azmuth. She quickly grabbed the article. Footsteps were heard coming towards the kitchen, so she quickly stacked the papers in an even layer.

"Who was that? Wait never mind, how about this, she shows the article, Azmuth guy, he might help me, he seems to know something about time traveling."

"Well you're in luck, that was my old chap, Phillip Ainsworth, also known as Azmuth and I think he could be of assistance to you. You see, he's holding a little gathering and inviting one of the nobles. Phillip's also a scientist, if not probably the predecessors of Combt de San German. One thing I just don't stand in Phillip he can be quite balmy on the crumpet...ehmm.... loony...am I saying it right?" Alastor nervously stated.

"Hmm.... I'll take my chances, let's go!" Theophelia started gathering her things and was walking towards the front door, only to be stopped by Alastor's chuckles.

"You sure a bricky girl. You'd make a stuffed bird laugh with what your wearing. And don't get to giddy. The gathering is in 3 days' time. Plenty of time for us to go out and look for something appropriate to use." He finishes.

"Three days! Where would I live? My money's not enough to last me a day!" Theophelia started to panic.

"Why, with me of course, what kind of gentleman would let a lady sleep on the streets."