The Train Station

Eva's POV

The beautiful crimson station came into view and Eva gasped as she looks at the bright red train that stretched across the entire station, taking away her breath.

"I really get to ride in that!" said Eva, her voice laced with disbelief as a glowing grin overtakes her features.

Her happy expression starts to drop as self-deprecating thoughts pierce through the happy mindset that she had built up earlier.

Remus glances to her side, watching her grin fade away. He pulled her trolley to the side and stopped walking.

"Once I was like you, he started, worried that no one would want to be my friend and that everyone would hate me for something that I couldn't control. But then I went to Hogwarts and I made really great friends that were my brothers, they liked me for me, and I, in return, treated them like my brothers. You will find your friends here, and while you may make a few enemy's, it's not your fault. I love you, Evangeline Petunia Lupin, and I won't let you forget it."

She looked up at him, her grin returning to it's former glory, but it quickly faded again as Eva switched to a more important topic, her smile dropping a little as she and Remus lowered their voices. She leans into his side, looking up at him with a bit of worry hinted in her eyes.

"Will you be okay without me Remmy, with your monthlies?"

"I should be asking you that, and I'll be fine, I had to go through them alone before you. Now what about you, are you sure that you'll be okay without me. I know that you've been a werewolf since you were a baby, but are you sure that you will be fine alone at school."

"I don't know," Eva says reluctantly, her smile dropping fully, "I've never done it without you, though. What if I," She lowered her voice, "Hurt someone."

"You are the sweetest and most caring person that I have ever met besides your mother, and I'm proud to call you my goddaughter. Now go and have fun on the train, apparently it's uncool to spend time with your godfather," He replies, pushing her forward a little more towards the crimson train with steam coming out of the top.

"Bye Uncle Remus," She shouts after a few seconds of looking at him, giving him a quick side hug and running off to the train.

"Don't have to much fun without me," He shouts back.

Remus sniffles a bit, wiping away a tear that threatened to spill from his eye. "She looks so much like Lily," He murmured, "They grow up too fast."

Neville's POV

Neville's eyes were clenched shut as he ran onto the platform, his mind filled with doubt about running into a wall.

"You can open your eyes, Neville," Said his grandmother, "We're in the platform, you have nothing to be scared of."

The blonde eleven year old opened his eyes slowly, his face transforming into a look of wonder.

"Are you sure I'm not dead, because this looks like heaven," He said, his face darting around to take in everything he saw, from cats to magic being displayed to couples kissing before one of them left. 

What intrigued and saddened him though, was all the parents hugging their squirming children that were trying to not get embarrassed. The young boy didn't understand why someone would try to push away their parents, especially when their were people like him with no parents at all. The boy just internally shrugged his shoulders with a slight frown on his face, accepting that it was just something an orphan such as himself would never understand.

As Neville was analyzing his surroundings, his grandmother was dragging him to the side of the bustling station to get away from the overwhelming crowd of people.

As the old women parked the trolley by a brick wall and clutched her hand bag, she embraced her only grandchild.

"Gran, maybe I shouldn't go to Hogwarts, I'll forget a lot and I'm sure that you need some company and I won't make any friends and everyone will hate me for being an orphan and..." The boy rambled until his grandmother interrupted him.

"Nobody will hate you, Neville. Hogwarts is the best wizarding school out there, you need to go," She stared her grandson straight in the eye, "I can go a few months without seeing you, and if it helps I can even buy you a rememberall." Stated the graying women.

The boy shook his head a bit, bringing himself back into reality. "I can do this," he mumbled to himself a few times, a smile gradually making its way onto his face. "Okay," He said to his grandmother, "I can do this. I will go to Hogwarts. I love you." His voice dropped a bit, "I will really miss you, don't forget about me, Gran."

The old women in the vultures hat embraced him for one last time before he left. "I love you," she whispered into his ear.

The blonde boy grabbed his trunk, lugging it over to the train as he attempted to wave and smile and his grandmother while carrying it.

She gave a halfhearted smile back. Sniffling as he turned away, she wiped a tear from her eye whispering the same words as a man across the station from her. Both of the adults watched the two orphaned children walk away, mumbling, "They grow up too fast."

A/N: I finally got a chapter and it's over 900 words! Hope you enjoyed and if you did you are welcome to comment and vote, and you can even do that if you didn't like my chapter! I don't think the next chapter will be for a while because I have some bug tests this week, but who knows? Bye!
        -Danna