Arrival Day

Hello there! I'm Kiyara Parker. And today, I'm travelling to LA, California, USA for summer break from University. I'm going vacationing to LA with my friends Vera, Charity and Jay. Now, these are my online but best friends. I've literally never met them, but we have voice called or video called or texted over our five years of friendship. Vera's full name is Veronica. Jay is Charity's brother, aka my long term boyfriend. We used to be best friends, but we started dating after a year of friendship. And I don't even regret it. I'm just a bit worried about meeting him in real life for the first time, you know?

I take a cab to the hotel we're supposed to be staying at, as soon as I make my way out of the Los Angeles Airport. I don't really expect to see anyone there but Vera was already there. I met her at the lobby, where she was adorably playing on her phone, waiting for us.

 I squealed as soon as I saw her, "Vera!!!" 

She glanced up and rushed to hug me as soon as she saw me, "OMG, Kiya!!! We're finally meeting, baby!" 

I hugged back, "Gosh Vera, I know, right! I'm so excited." 

Vera nodded, "Same! Let's go check in."

So we went ahead to check in. The person at the hotel counter gave us 2 room keys. We couldn't really afford 4 rooms; one for each of us. Hence, we had just booked two; two persons in a room. I and Vera went up and dumped our bags in one of the rooms and started talking; catching up. Charity And Jay were there in an hour. They had apparently ask the clerk for our room numbers and then made their way up to our rooms. 

I and Vera squealed and rushed to engage Charity in a group hug as soon as we saw her, "Hey girl!!"

Charity squealed too. We pulled away a few seconds later. Vera and Charity started talking about something while I went ahead to hug Jay, "Hey you."

He kissed my cheek, "Hey, kid."

I kind of squeal to myself before grinning up at him, "Nice to meet you."

He laughed and we just started talking normally. It was a bit weird at first, but soon enough we were talking normally, as we would over text.

Vera interrupted us, "Jay, hi. You guys can continue your love fest after we decide rooming arrangements. Who's gonna stay with who?"

I blushed, "Uh, Vera. There's nothing to decide. Me and you, and Charity and Jay. Duh."

Charity wrinkles her nose, "Nu uh. Ew. I'm not sharing a room with my bro. Ew, Kiya."

Vera winked, "Right. So, I stay with Charity, and Kiya stays with Jay. Obviously. Silly me."

Charity grins and winks at us while I just blush, "Sure, whatever works."

Jay blushed too, "Yeah, whatever."

Vera and Charity then proceeded to get comfortable in that room while I and Jay went to the next room and settled in. It was night already and we all decided to get room service in our own rooms. Jay said kinda nervously, "So, what'd you wanna do?"

I turned on the TV and flopped down beside him on the bed, "Movie."

He looked at me, "No. No, Kiyara. I know what you're thinking. We will not watch Ross Lynch. No. Absolutely not, kiddo."

I did my best puppy face, "Pretty please, baby? I love you, you know."

He scowled, You're pure evil. Fine. Ross Lynch it is. Status Update?"

I beamed, "Yes! Gosh, thank you!"

He just scowls but we sit down together anyway to watch the movie. I cuddle up to him halfway during the movie. It's weird how comfortable we quickly get. Feels nice, you know?