My phone rang in my pocket causing Avery to jump.

"Sorry." I whispered to her.

I sat up and fished my phone out of my pocket and saw Sam's ID show up on the screen.

"What?" I snapped quietly.

"Adley is calling a meeting." He stated.

I gritted my teeth. "Why?"

"He wants to go over the project. He's acting like everything's fine and dandy." Sam sighed. "I also have important information for you."

"When is the meeting?" I asked tiredly.

"The day after tomorrow."

"Is everything prepared with the lawyers?"

"Yes. The police are probably going to take a couple of days. We were having trouble finding a cop who wasn't under Adley's thumb."

Sounds like we'll be taking a few people down with him.

"Okay. Prepare everything for me to make the meeting, you'll be joining me."

"Will do." He said simply before hanging up.

Avery rolled over and looked at me sleepily. "Is everything okay?"

I resumed my previous position and wrapped her up in my arms.

"Adley wants to have a meeting."

Avery tensed immediately. "Wh-Why?"

"Something about the project. You don't have to come. I don't even want you to be in the same room as him." I placed a soft kiss on the exposed skin on her arm. "But, we will have to head back tomorrow."

Avery timidly nodded her head. We were thrown back into reality.
Sam took care of the magazines and tabloids.
I knew Leah was a piece of shit, but how could someone be so cruel as to bring up something so painful and twist it so much?

"Will he be going to prison?" Avery asked quietly.

"Definitely. There's no way he can get out of this one." I said into her hair. "He won't be able to touch you ever again."

Avery tightened her hold on my arms that rested around her waist.

I heard a sniff and looked up to her face to see her eyes glistening with tears.
I gently turned her around and pulled her into my chest.

"Everything will be okay." I murmured.

She looked up at me, resting her chin on my chest. She studied my face and gazed into my eyes.

"Oliver, I..." She trailed off and opened her mouth to speak again.

"Okay lovebirds!" Erica yelled as she bursted through the door. "We're doing a barbecue! I've got the music and the wine."

I let out an annoyed breath. Avery pulled away and got up with a blush on her cheeks.

The night was pleasant and the air was warm, but humid.

Tom cooked on the grill and Avery helped Erica with everything else. I just organised the drinks.

I walked over to Erica who was pouring herself a glass of wine.

"Have you two patched things up?" I asked her.

Erica sighed and recorked the bottle of wine.
"For now." She took a sip. "I will be having a discussion with him before we go back. If he doesn't agree to change some things... I'll leave." Her voice cracked at the end.

I pulled her in and planted a kiss on her head.

She pulled away and rested her head on my shoulder.
My eyes found Avery who was carrying some things into the kitchen.

I felt two bright blue eyes burning a hole in the side of my face. I looked down and saw Erica grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her quizically.

"Olly, you really love her, huh?"

I nearly choked and looked at her wide eyed.
She chuckled. "You know I can read you like a book. You can't hide anything from me."

I sighed in defeat.

I had known for quite a while. It didn't take a genius to figure out what my infatuation for Avery was.
I was sure everyone could see it, except for her.

The moment I analysed my behaviour towards her and what she brings out in me, I got the shock of a lifetime.

"You should tell her. Make things real."

"I'm not ready for that Erica."

With everything going on, I didn't have the time to think on it. So, I pushed it down and hoped my feelings didn't rage out of control.
I wasn't an emotional person by any means.

With this, I was completely out of depth and didn't want to drown.