Selfish

" – so there. I really like them, but – " a voice said and sighed.

Jiang Cheng slowly opened his eyes and felt something damp on hos forehead. Wei Wuxian...? He thought when he heard the voice.

" – they don't like me." The voice said.

It's not him. Jiang Cheng thought as he turned.

Lan Jingyi's sitting beside the bed, his back on him. "I wonder... what should I do?" he asked and sighed. "Maybe the person I like likes someone... haaa..." he sighed and turned. "Tell me, what should I do, sect leader... Jiang...?" he said, his voice slowed down until it disappeared when he saw Jiang Cheng's looking at him. Like last time. His face immediately went red and he stood up straight a few feet away from the bed. "S-sect leader Jiang..." he called, his voice low as he lowered his gaze.

Jiang Cheng just sighed as he sat up. Lan Jingyi's about to move when he raised his hand. Then, he sat up. "How long was I asleep?" he asked.

"Just a few minutes." Lan Jingyi answered and stood on attention.

Jiang Cheng sighed, relieved. A few seconds later and they heard footsteps. The door opened and Lan Xichen, Jin Ling and Lan Sizhui went inside. "Uncle!" Jin Ling called and ran towards the bed.

"Sect leader Jiang." Lan Sizhui called and respectfully bowed.

Lan Xichen walked towards Jiang Cheng, passing by Lan Jingyi. "Wanyin." He called.

Lan Jingyi felt his heart was struck by sword and he lowered his head to hide the pain in his heart. "Jingyi." Lan Sizhui called as he stood beside him, watching the three. "Thanks for waiting." He told him.

"Mn." Lan Jingyi just answered and looked at Jiang Cheng talking to his nephew and Lan Xichen. Earlier, after he made sure Jiang Cheng's fever is going down did he send a message talisman to Lan Xichen. No matter what, sect leader Jiang's health is important. Jin Ling would be sad and our sect leader would be sad, too, if something happened to him. He thought. Lan Xichen sent back a talisman telling him to watch over Jiang Cheng first for them to excuse themselves to the guests and made Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji entertain the guests.

"Jingyi?" Lan Sizhui called, puzzled by Lan Jingyi's behavior.

Lan Jingyi grinned, then made a peace sign on his hand. "What? You thought I'd screw up healing someone?" he asker and frowned at Lan Sizhui.

Lan Sizhui's eyes went wide and he laughed. "Ah- " he said and immediately fixed his face when the three looked at them.

"Jingyi." Lan Xichen called. "Thank you for looking after Wanyin." He said and smiled.

Lan Jingyi stood straight and nodded. "Yes." He said and lowered his head. Seems that... if there's no one around... they call each other intimately. He thought and felt his heart being squeezed.

Jiang Cheng looked at Lan Jingyi. "Thanks." He told him.

Lan Jingyi's head shot up. Their eyes met. He felt his face went red and he immediately bowed. "Yes." He said.

Jin Ling sighed, relieved. "Uncle. You should take a rest for a long time." He told him.

"And make you manage the sect?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"That's..." Jin Ling said.

Lan Xichen chuckled. "I'll help young master Jin." He told Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng looked at him. Lan Xichen smiled. "Please rest." He told him.

Jiang Cheng's face softened and he sighed. "Alright." He said.

"You should have someone with you to help you attend to your needs." Lan Xichen said.